5,593,401 Members 36,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to root with stock 4.4

Tip us?

KiVi-Wolf
Old
(Last edited by KiVi-Wolf; 11th February 2014 at 01:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
Put phone in download mode then with Odin NOT running, plug USB cable to phone. Finally ran Odin ( I'm assuming you installed Samsung USB drivers ).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
I did this on a new computer that never saw an Android device before.
Odin does not detect my device despite following this advice and the one before.

I installed Kies, made my device known to the Windows Device Manager, rebooted, connected device while in sideload-mode and waited until detection was finished. The next step was firing up Odin3 v1.85 and my device didn't show up, but i was able to use the adb sideload which failed with "Verification Error" when installing a new recovery or rom.

Could it be that the phone being branded by T-Mobile Germany changed the game even though the model is just plain SM-N9005 ?

Is there another option to root this device or preferably install some other rom without Odin?

Never ran into so much trouble with my Asus eeePad, the Samsung I9000 or the HTC One X.

KiVi-Wolf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default study esjoys

Well when stupidity strikes you...

I always went into the recovery rom (Vol+ & Power & Home) instead of going with the odin mode (remove battery, power device on with Vol- & Home & Power).

Thanks everyone who tried to help me, but you were no match to my blindness ^^

Maybe this might help someone who utilizes the search function after he or she didn't read the tutorials carefull enough.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiVi-Wolf View Post
Well when stupidity strikes you...

I always went into the recovery rom (Vol+ & Power & Home) instead of going with the odin mode (remove battery, power device on with Vol- & Home & Power).

Thanks everyone who tried to help me, but you were no match to my blindness ^^

Maybe this might help someone who utilizes the search function after he or she didn't read the tutorials carefull enough.
It's always the simplest things
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung