[Q] Root Help

10th February 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
I am trying to root my TF700T as it has become unbearably slow and I am sure that a rooted tablet and lagfix would do wonders. Can't understand why such a great tablet and powerful processor would take so long to perform very average tasks.
I am having massive dramas getting root. I have looked at the web and most sites recommend running Motochopper, which I have done, however it fails and I am left with Super Su that fails saying that the binaries are not available.
Does anyone know where a root file for the TF 700T running Android 4.2.1 that has the drives included and the files necessary to obtain root.
Sorry if this is the millionth user asking for the same thing. Please have patience with me, I am apologise for the repetitious request.
Thank you ...
10th February 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,045

11,557 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosse912003

I am trying to root my TF700T as it has become unbearably slow and I am sure that a rooted tablet and lagfix would do wonders. Can't understand why such a great tablet and powerful processor would take so long to perform very average tasks.
I am having massive dramas getting root. I have looked at the web and most sites recommend running Motochopper, which I have done, however it fails and I am left with Super Su that fails saying that the binaries are not available.
Does anyone know where a root file for the TF 700T running Android 4.2.1 that has the drives included and the files necessary to obtain root.
Sorry if this is the millionth user asking for the same thing. Please have patience with me, I am apologise for the repetitious request.
Thank you ...

Why don't you unlock and install a custom rom to get the full benefit? Rooting won't do that much to give you back speed.

If you want to get some performance back on pure stock. Do this:

1. Boot into the boot loader by holding down volume down and power
2. On rck icon hit vol up
3. Hit volume up down and power until a menu pops up
4. choose wipe cache
5. reboot

I don't know why it works but it will buy you back about a week until it slows down again. Then just do it again.
11th February 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane

41 posts
Info 2 Groan ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Why don't you unlock and install a custom rom to get the full benefit? Rooting won't do that much to give you back speed.

4. choose wipe cache
5. reboot

I don't know why it works but it will buy you back about a week until it slows down again. Then just do it again.

There must be something wrong with my tablet or maybe it is me??
I have tried to follow your instructions here and I can get the where the RCK icon is on the screen, but when I hit the volume up key, the tablet starts installing something and ends in a green android fallen over on his back with ERROR written underneath him.
I would love to be able to unlock, or root or install a new rom, but so far everything I do fails to work on this device.
Can someone please direct me to a location that is suited for a TF700T running 4.2.1 where I might try these procedures and actually has the relevant zip files to enable these installations.
I really like this tablet, however it is a great disappointment the way things are and if possible I would like to unleash the power under the hood.
Thank you
Ross
11th February 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,045

11,557 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have a read of the sticky topics in the TF700 general forum. And ask questions if you get stuck.

It's not that hard really.

Make sure you are on latest Asus stock rom
Unlock using Asus tool on tablet
Install twrp from PC
Flash ROM

Hardest part is getting correct drivers for PC but there are guides out there.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/asu...om-tf700t.html
Last edited by sbdags; 11th February 2014 at 06:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane

41 posts
Thanks
Quote:

4. choose wipe cache
5. reboot

Quote:

Have a read of the sticky topics in the TF700 general forum. And ask questions if you get stuck.

It's not that hard really.

Make sure you are on latest Asus stock rom
Unlock using Asus tool on tablet
Install twrp from PC
Flash ROM

Hardest part is getting correct drivers for PC but there are guides out there.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/asu...om-tf700t.html

OK Thanks for your reply.
I will continue to see if I can get my head around this stuff.
Thanks again for your time.
Ross
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, tf700t
Previous Thread Next Thread