Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Other way to enable USB Debugging

Tip us?

val5906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Other way to enable USB Debugging

Hello,

I've recently got a HTC Desire which is stuck on a white screen with the green HTC logo.

So I've decided to flash the ROM, in order to do this operation I have two choice :

- Flash a custom ROM and so switch the HTC Desire in S-OFF mode
- Flash an official ROM so I'll need to build a GoldCard

Anyway, the phone is really stock, I mean even the Debugging option is not enabled on it ... So I'm stuck because I cannot use all the commands with adb (as adb devices or adb shell ...) but fastboot scripts works, with the commands fastboot getvar all I got that :

Quote:
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 0.80.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4.06.00.02_2
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 031d
INFOversion-main: 1.22.73.1
INFOserialno: HT041PL05***
INFOimei: 35784103124****
INFOproduct: bravo
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8x50
INFOmodelid: PB9920000
INFOcidnum: ORANG202
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4109mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-6175d920
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.013s
I tried to install a new recovery with the command : fastboot flash recovery but I got an error : " Signature failed ..." (maybe it must be S-OFF to do that)

Actually my one and only question is, is there a way to enable USB Debugging in my situation ? Or an other way to flash de ROM with theses conditions ?

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1318
U dont need a goldcard if u use the 2.3gb update from htcdev. U can get the ruu from bortaks troubleshooting guide in my sig. Also to s-off u will need ur phone to be booted for it to work. Once used the ruu, use revolutionary to s-off ur phone.

val5906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually to update via htcdev, it is required to enable the USB debugging and I can't access to this option.

I follow the link in your sig and I downloaded this RUU :

Quote:
RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_ARA_2.32.415.3_Radio_32.49.00. 32U_5.11.05.27_release_157343_signed.exe
Is this one correct ?

jmcclue
Old
(Last edited by jmcclue; 10th February 2014 at 06:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by val5906 View Post
Actually to update via htcdev, it is required to enable the USB debugging and I can't access to this option.

I follow the link in your sig and I downloaded this RUU :

Is this one correct ?
Nope thats froyo ruu, u want 2.3 gingerbread. In bortaks guide, go down to resources and ul see it. Then run the ruu from bootloader. If it dont work then google 2.3gb upgrade as PB99IMG and do it that way.

Edit: 2.3gb PB99IMG link below

http://d-h.st/d44

And How to flash PB99IMG (thanks andu)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=21

val5906
Old
(Last edited by val5906; 10th February 2014 at 11:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I used the RUU from HTCdev 2.3 and the installation took a very long time at "Updating recovery" then the smartphone turned town (after 5-6 hours ^^) and when I tried to restart it I get 4 (!), one in each corner.

I read on your guide that is a common issue when we installed the wrong RUU. To fix it, you said in your guide to use a goldCard but I don't know if I can build one ...

When I tried to relaunch the upgrade, it works but still stuck at the same point

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by val5906 View Post
Argggg I'm so stupid, I used the wrong RUU and the installation took a very long time at "updating radio" then the smartphone turned town (after 5-6 hours ^^) and when I tried to restart it I get 4 (!), one in each corner.

I read on your guide that is a common issue when we installed the wrong RUU. To fix it, you said in your guide to use a goldCard but I don't know if I can build one ...
Its not my guide i only suggested the "2.3gb upgrade" because u dont need a goldcard. Read more carefully before jumping into things, things can go very wrong very quick. Anyway the 4 /!\ means ur stuck in ruu mode, so now try the 2.3gb ruu and hope it works

val5906
Old
(Last edited by val5906; 11th February 2014 at 10:32 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
Its not my guide i only suggested the "2.3gb upgrade" because u dont need a goldcard. Read more carefully before jumping into things, things can go very wrong very quick. Anyway the 4 /!\ means ur stuck in ruu mode, so now try the 2.3gb ruu and hope it works
First, thanks you very much for your help

Actually I said I used the wrong RUU but I don't think it was the wrong one because the first one I used wasn't recognize by the phone and this one works but stuck during the upgrading.

I retried to update with the same update and now it's stuck at updating recovery ... (as soon as it was written "updating recovery" my phone vibrated 7 times and became stuck at this position)

Actually, before flashing and doing something on the phone when I tried for the first time to run the recovery from the bootloader the phone did this strange thing (vibrate 7 times) maybe something wrong happened in the hardware stuff.

EDIT : I managed to finish the updraging (100%) but at the end of the updating I got this message from the software img15.hostingpics.net/pics/616271screen.png (can't post n picture because I'm a new user sorry) My phone showed a result of the updating and everything went right except the radio updating ...

I got the same screen at the boot, 4 (!) in each corner. I'm really wondering which update I have to use ???

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1318
Oh rite, yh the 7 vibrations means hardware problem im affraid. The only fix is taking it to repair shop.