XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint GS3 4.3 Boot.Img Knox Bootloader Hard Brick

Tip us?

BadThoughtss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sprint GS3 4.3 Boot.Img Knox Bootloader Hard Brick

I have Hard Bricked my SPH-L710 (noob mistake). I upgraded to 4.3 without reading up on features. Everybody now knows about the annoying KNOX security that comes with it but i did something so HORRIFIC lol i tried to downgrade. didnt end so well. little did i know trying to downgrade with KNOX causes a hard brick.. everyones trying to do the SD card trick where you image the debrick image on the sd card. people are mad to find out that if you upgraded 4.3 you cant fix a hard brick that way anymore. UNLESS someone extracts the boot image from their rooted 4.3 SPH-L710 device then there is a chance that this method will work. use Philz recovery to root 4.3. and someone get this image for me!! dont just do it for me get it for other models too. be nice. or if there is, will someone link it to this thread. or any other way to fix this hard brick.
will a jig work ? i know how to fix it if i get to download mode.

wizy321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadThoughtss View Post
I have Hard Bricked my SPH-L710 (noob mistake). I upgraded to 4.3 without reading up on features. Everybody now knows about the annoying KNOX security that comes with it but i did something so HORRIFIC lol i tried to downgrade. didnt end so well. little did i know trying to downgrade with KNOX causes a hard brick.. everyones trying to do the SD card trick where you image the debrick image on the sd card. people are mad to find out that if you upgraded 4.3 you cant fix a hard brick that way anymore. UNLESS someone extracts the boot image from their rooted 4.3 SPH-L710 device then there is a chance that this method will work. use Philz recovery to root 4.3. and someone get this image for me!! dont just do it for me get it for other models too. be nice. or if there is, will someone link it to this thread. or any other way to fix this hard brick.
will a jig work ? i know how to fix it if i get to download mode.

i Bricked mines too, i have been looking for it too hopefully someone share's the file

Saafir
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Same here, bricked Boot Loader *sigh* Mine came from an idiotic move with the EZ-Unlock app tho. Suppose my next step is to invest in a Class 10 SD Card and pray for the best. There is some other threads around here that have various S3 unbrick images tho, just gotta poke around

pointystar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in the same boat guys

chucklezlv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Aggghh.....I pray for this file every night to fix both mine AND my hubby's GS3. Yup.....had so much confidence in myself (Really it was cockiness) that I bricked mine and then his!

sapperox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default me too...bah!

I missread the dev topic on the S3 Factory reset and counter and got burned. I was running a custom 4.3 and thought I was good...oh well.

I have tried the SD card method with several different images, but alas I am still in crapville without a shovel. $50 to send off for repairs or wait for something to come along. Right now I am hurting, hard to believe that phone was so important! Argh! Has anyone had luck?

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11096

DONATE TO ME
Sigh...a little searching helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2637424
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!