Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to unlock bootloader

Tip us?
 
tonysimonhere
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default [Q] Unable to unlock bootloader

I have used windroid htc one x+ toolkit to unlock bootloader.
It shows a dialogue saying bootloader is unlocked . But in the phone it still shows a locked screen and also showing as s-off
I have root and i am able to use titanium backup.
I have also tried to flash twrp recovery.. but not able to do so.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02068.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	2570884  
 
droids@m
Old
(Last edited by droids@m; 10th February 2014 at 05:08 PM.)
#2  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysimonhere View Post
I have used windroid htc one x+ toolkit to unlock bootloader.
It shows a dialogue saying bootloader is unlocked . But in the phone it still shows a locked screen and also showing as s-off
I have root and i am able to use titanium backup.
I have also tried to flash twrp recovery.. but not able to do so.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction..
Try manually follow the instructions from htcdev and let us know which part fails........
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me
The Following User Says Thank You to droids@m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tonysimonhere
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m View Post
Try manually follow the instructions from htcdev and let us know which part fails........
Thank you ..
I was able to flash twrp using Rom toolbox.
now I have twrp but the bootloader still shows as locked.
I tried to install a custom Rom but failed because of my own mistake.. today I will try once more to flash a Rom.
will post it's result..

I think I read somewhere that soff devices can't be unlocked..is this true
 
droids@m
Old
#4  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysimonhere View Post
Thank you ..
I was able to flash twrp using Rom toolbox.
now I have twrp but the bootloader still shows as locked.
I tried to install a custom Rom but failed because of my own mistake.. today I will try once more to flash a Rom.
will post it's result..

I think I read somewhere that soff devices can't be unlocked..is this true
I dont think so....

Can u try using HTC dev and report back....


NOTE UNLOCKING WILL WIPE ALL UR DATA AND SDCARD STUFF FROM UR PHONE....

SO BACKUP
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me
 
tonysimonhere
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m View Post
I dont think so....

Can u try using HTC dev and report back....


NOTE UNLOCKING WILL WIPE ALL UR DATA AND SDCARD STUFF FROM UR PHONE....

SO BACKUP
Sure I will try it in the evening.
 
ethanon
Old
(Last edited by ethanon; 11th February 2014 at 06:21 AM.)
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2010
You can definitely Unlock it using the HTCDEV process , I have a done this. Any ways if you are able to flash a ROM then there is no reason to get it Unlocked, more over S-OFF gives you full control over the device but again it also increases the risk of getting your phone bricked so make sure you use it wisely (knowing what you flash) , so I will say why to beg HTC for some thing they have already provided.

One more thing S-OFF device means you dont need to flash boot.img separately so you dont need to use your PC to flash roms no more.

Waiting to know about your progress on flashing the ROM ..
 
tonysimonhere
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
You can definitely Unlock it using the HTCDEV process , I have a done this. Any ways if you are able to flash a ROM then there is no reason to get it Unlocked, more over S-OFF gives you full control over the device but again it also increases the risk of getting your phone bricked so make sure you use it wisely (knowing what you flash) , so I will say why to beg HTC for some thing they have already provided.

One more thing S-OFF device means you dont need to flash boot.img separately so you dont need to use your PC to flash roms no more.

Waiting to know about your progress on flashing the ROM ..
I have now successfully flashed a Rom..initially I tried it without flashing the boot.img and it entered a boot loop.
Then I installed flashify and flashed boot.img that came with the Rom. Then the Rom is working now.
The boot loader is still locked. Has twrp .
The Following User Says Thank You to tonysimonhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ethanon
Old
(Last edited by ethanon; 11th February 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysimonhere View Post
I have now successfully flashed a Rom..initially I tried it without flashing the boot.img and it entered a boot loop.
Then I installed flashify and flashed boot.img that came with the Rom. Then the Rom is working now.
The boot loader is still locked. Has twrp .
so you mean to say you failed to install the boot.img from the custom recovery ? well that is weird, one more thing since you were in boot loop how did you manage to install flashiffy !

if you may please include the complete flashing steps , will be helpful for my experiments.
 
tonysimonhere
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
so you mean to say you failed to install the boot.img from the custom recovery ? well that is weird, one more thing since you were in boot loop how did you manage to install flashiffy !

if you may please include the complete flashing steps , will be helpful for my experiments.
Initially I flashed the Rom alone and it went into bootloop and all buttons became unresponsive .so I waited till the battery ran out and the phone switched off. Then I recharged , entered recovery by vol down + power button.. I had the backup there . So I restored back up.. then phone rebooted normally.. and I flashed boot.img by flashify just because I didn't know any other method... Then from recovery I wiped dalvik cache and system .. flashed the new Rom.. reeboot and fine..
Feel free to ask for any more clarification..

The Following User Says Thank You to tonysimonhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes