Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After instaling rom, no mobile data

Tip us?

senur3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default After instaling rom, no mobile data

Hi guys, so I installed Omega v21.1 everything was perfect except that i do not have mobile data so i tried a different ROM which is TeamExcelsus same problem.

Then I tried [AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition, here rhe mobile data is working good i do not know why

so please help me
thank you

phone I-9505

tihomirone
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by senur3 View Post
Hi guys, so I installed Omega v21.1 everything was perfect except that i do not have mobile data so i tried a different ROM which is TeamExcelsus same problem.

Then I tried [AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition, here rhe mobile data is working good i do not know why

so please help me
thank you

phone I-9505
Your operator do not recognize the phone with some roms and is unable to install mobile network settings. You have to "insert" them manually. Search in Google for the APN settings for your operator . Create new APN and insert the settings. Full path is Settings - Connections tab - More Networks - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names - press "+" and add the new APN. Some operators have automated procedure to obtain the settings - sending special sms or with specific operator app.
The Following User Says Thank You to tihomirone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pfeffernuss
Old
Thanks Meter 680
Personally I think it's a matter of incompatible bootloader / radio/LTE modem. Update to a proper radio/LTE modem and all will work fine again.

Do note there are different version for old/new bootloaders.

LG G3 32GB D855 Stock Android 4.4.2 V10j Rom Stock kernel Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 Googy kernel XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo Android 4.4.3 ElementalX 2.12 kernel KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AOKP CM10.3 Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G ICS Yetki 1.2 ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to Pfeffernuss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tihomirone
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I suggest first to see if there's appropriate APN in phone's APN list (WAP APN is not suitable) and after that to try to fix with modems, kernels e.t.c. I have that issue many times with many phones, so try what I wrote above.
The Following User Says Thank You to tihomirone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]