Thanks Meter 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
How to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Hi members! Today I'm here to teach you how to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
====Rooting your phone====
1. Download the necessary root package HERE
. (I replaced to the latest version.)
2. Copy the downloaded "update.zip" file to the top folder of the microSD card.
(NOTE: DO NOT EXTRACT IT! If you EXTRACT it, it will NOT working for rooting your phone!)
3. If plugged in, unplug the handset from the PC and turn it off.
4. Put it into recovery mode – To do this, press and hold the Volume up key + Home key (the middle button on the front of your device)
and press the power button until it goes into recovery mode.
5. Select Apply update from SD card and locate the "update.zip" file you copied to the microSD card. Press the Volume up or down to navigate and then press Home button to select the option.
6. Let the rooting process complete. When done, select "Reboot system now" to restart the device.
Your Galaxy Y should now be rooted!!!
(NOTE: After you rooted your phone, I recommended you to install Root Explorer for game mod and much more!)
If you like this, just click "Thanks" button to me!
Take care and good luck!
(Retrieved from The Unlockr - How to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, posted by Dax Krishna in February 16, 2012)