Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Port][4.2.2][A2EPT][Unofficial]{ReVolt v4.4}{[Nonkexec][PACMan ROM's Cousin]

Tip us?

minhajlk
Old
Thanks Meter 131
I've been using ReVolt ROM for the last couple of days now and I must say; its pretty smooth and fast and I hardly notice the UI screen tearing. Thank you Ace for giving us the opportunity to experience these cool ROMs. There were couple of issues I dont know if its me or others are experience it too.

Compass is broken (can live without it)
In-call volume too high and cannot reduce/increase it.

Thank you once again.
AT&T Atrix 2 - Recovery BMM 0.3.4

1st System : SlimKAT - 4.4.4
2nd System: Stock ICS
3rd System : CM11 - 4.4.4
4th System : Mokee 4.4.2
5th System :
6th System :

Aceofzeroz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhajlk View Post
I've been using ReVolt ROM for the last couple of days now and I must say; its pretty smooth and fast and I hardly notice the UI screen tearing. Thank you Ace for giving us the opportunity to experience these cool ROMs. There were couple of issues I dont know if its me or others are experience it too.

Compass is broken (can live without it)
In-call volume too high and cannot reduce/increase it.

Thank you once again.
Good thing you pointed them out to me, I have no idea what files in the Android system control in-call volume. Also, I didn't test the compass with many programs but it works with the GPS Status app.

I'm currently on BeanStalk and compass + GPS are working just fine. I used the same CM10.1.3 base for both roms so it shouldn't be broken. O_o Try flashing the latest one to a new system without gapps and then test the compass.

If it's still somehow broken then I'll look into it.

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk
To Ace or not to Ace, that's never the question - ALWAYS keep Acing everything!

We are the Atrix 2 Edision Porting Team -{A2EPT}-!

Myself
Uzayr
atrix2man

Check out my guide for porting custom roms to the Atrix 2 and other OMAP 4 phones: Porting 4.2.2+ Custom Roms
The Following User Says Thank You to Aceofzeroz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minhajlk
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofzeroz View Post
Good thing you pointed them out to me, I have no idea what files in the Android system control in-call volume. Also, I didn't test the compass with many programs but it works with the GPS Status app.

I'm currently on BeanStalk and compass + GPS are working just fine. I used the same CM10.1.3 base for both roms so it shouldn't be broken. O_o Try flashing the latest one to a new system without gapps and then test the compass.

If it's still somehow broken then I'll look into it.

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk
Ok, I will re-flash the ROM on a new system without GApps and keep you updated.

I have tested all your ROMs and after carefully analyzing their pros and cons I think BeanStalk has a slight edge over the rest. So now I have switched back to BeanStalk .

Yes, the compass works on BeanStalk and the only thing that does not work is the USB/MTP access. If you can get that fixed it will be one helluva ROM
AT&T Atrix 2 - Recovery BMM 0.3.4

1st System : SlimKAT - 4.4.4
2nd System: Stock ICS
3rd System : CM11 - 4.4.4
4th System : Mokee 4.4.2
5th System :
6th System :

Aceofzeroz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 741
Talking Your SD storage wish shall be granted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhajlk View Post
Ok, I will re-flash the ROM on a new system without GApps and keep you updated.

I have tested all your ROMs and after carefully analyzing their pros and cons I think BeanStalk has a slight edge over the rest. So now I have switched back to BeanStalk .

Yes, the compass works on BeanStalk and the only thing that does not work is the USB/MTP access. If you can get that fixed it will be one helluva ROM
You're in luck yet again min as that's actually something you can do with simple copying and pasting of files you already have. I just tested it and so, to get both BeanStalk and ReVolt working with USB mass storage here's what you do. I know you have SlimBean (you can also use Illusion and Mirage), so you need to open the zip file on any compression tool.

Extract the vold.fstab and rootfs folder from Slim's system/etc folder onto your desktop or your phone. Now, open your BeanStalk/ReVolt zip file and navigate to its etc folder and replace those two files you extracted from Slim, then when finished simply wipe cache/dlavik, reflash it and gapps. That's it!
To Ace or not to Ace, that's never the question - ALWAYS keep Acing everything!

We are the Atrix 2 Edision Porting Team -{A2EPT}-!

Myself
Uzayr
atrix2man

Check out my guide for porting custom roms to the Atrix 2 and other OMAP 4 phones: Porting 4.2.2+ Custom Roms