Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Top of the touch screen not responding sometimes

Tip us?

123talis
Old
(Last edited by 123talis; 10th February 2014 at 10:51 PM.) Reason: new discoveries
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Top of the touch screen not responding sometimes

Hi, I have the phone for a month now, its 4 months old. This problem is on since I bought it.

When I try to slide notifications roll-down panel from the top, it is sometimes almost impossible to do. When I do it with whole thumb, it goes down normally, but when I try with other smaller fingers, it wont respond. Also in chrome, I have problems editing www address bar, because it just wont respond to touch. It responds immediately when the phone is in vertical position and I tap there with my thumb.

Since rest of the screen works fine and that particular area works well in certain conditions, I am wondering, if there is some kind of calibration app or setting for digitizer. Phone has not been dropped down, nor it has scratches or anything on display. I have screen protector and so I assume it can be somehow related to it. I have almost simillar issue with old HTC Touch Pro years back, but there was an option to calibrate touch screen with stylus. So I am just wondering, if someone can advise something to do. I really dont feel like waiting 30 days solving it by dealer.

Nexus 7 responds way better on the edges than my One. Also, bottom edge and sides are working fine.

As I am trying to do this over and over I have noticed, that when I click digitizer in chrome on text in adderss bar, there is no respond, but when I click just a bit above the text, it responds with any of my fingers, So it seems like its moved up or something (if you know what I mean, I can not really explain this any better
Silver HTC One 32GB
iPhone 4 16GB
iPhone 3GS 16GB
Nokia N97 mini
HTC Touch Pro

Google Nexus 7 2012

killerbie
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123talis View Post
Hi, I have the phone for a month now, its 4 months old. This problem is on since I bought it.

When I try to slide notifications roll-down panel from the top, it is sometimes almost impossible to do. When I do it with whole thumb, it goes down normally, but when I try with other smaller fingers, it wont respond. Also in chrome, I have problems editing www address bar, because it just wont respond to touch. It responds immediately when the phone is in vertical position and I tap there with my thumb.

Since rest of the screen works fine and that particular area works well in certain conditions, I am wondering, if there is some kind of calibration app or setting for digitizer. Phone has not been dropped down, nor it has scratches or anything on display. I have screen protector and so I assume it can be somehow related to it. I have almost simillar issue with old HTC Touch Pro years back, but there was an option to calibrate touch screen with stylus. So I am just wondering, if someone can advise something to do. I really dont feel like waiting 30 days solving it by dealer.

Nexus 7 responds way better on the edges than my One. Also, bottom edge and sides are working fine.

As I am trying to do this over and over I have noticed, that when I click digitizer in chrome on text in adderss bar, there is no respond, but when I click just a bit above the text, it responds with any of my fingers, So it seems like its moved up or something (if you know what I mean, I can not really explain this any better

Not normal, I woudn't bother caliberating it. Just return it to the store, or try warranty via the htc website.

In my case htc always came to my place to get the phone, and they always brought it back after a week or so.

They have a great service

123talis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbie View Post
Not normal, I woudn't bother caliberating it. Just return it to the store, or try warranty via the htc website.

In my case htc always came to my place to get the phone, and they always brought it back after a week or so.

They have a great service
Problem is, that in my country, there is no official service center, thus it has to be sent to our neighbor, and because of that, it takes forever to work it out. I could live with that, if there is no self-help, but I was just wondering whether there is some app or setting or not.
Silver HTC One 32GB
iPhone 4 16GB
iPhone 3GS 16GB
Nokia N97 mini
HTC Touch Pro

Google Nexus 7 2012