[Q] Troule rooting Galaxy S4 SGH-i337

OP kcschultz

10th February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
So I have searched the threads and used Google at nauseum but I still cannot solve my issue. I have a rooted (KindoRoot) Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 and it is currently running build number JSS15JI337UCUEMK2. I have followed all the instructions for flashing the rom to Gummy-1.1-11-21-13-UNOFFICIAL-jflteatt and to SHOstock-i-v5.0b3 but in both cases, the flash does not take, when the phone reboots, it comes back up with the stock rom. I have even used Odin which also fails.

I am sure that there has been success loading KitKat on this model phone but I am not sure what I am missing. My initial reason for trying this was to get all the ATT junk off the phone to free up base memory.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: I am getting an "unknown path /sdcard" error right before it reboots.
Last edited by kcschultz; 10th February 2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added info.
10th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,792

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Check this MK2 INDEX and ROM LISTS by @guut13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221 ..... anything that u should know..... rooting method. .... returning to stock MK2 if you bricked. .... Safestrap recovery. .. and all the compatible rom list for MK2 (U can ONLY install 4.3 TW rom with Safestrap recovery)..... NO GPE...AOSP .....AOKP....CM..... Goodluck......:thumbup:

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
Last edited by ted77usa; 10th February 2014 at 06:19 PM.
11th February 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #3  
Flag Petaluma,CA
Thanks Meter: 5

106 posts
More
If you have MK2, I'm pretty positive the bootloader is locked so the only things you can do is root and install safestrap and load up TW based ROMs.

Correct me if I'm wrong people.
11th February 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diminished5th

If you have MK2, I'm pretty positive the bootloader is locked so the only things you can do is root and install safestrap and load up TW based ROMs.

Correct me if I'm wrong people.

The bootloader is locked on all i337's no matter what the firmware. Other than that you are correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread