5,604,367 Members 48,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tecno Phantom A3 Mods; Rooting, CWM Recovery, Low Apps Memory

Tip us?

abbas
Old
(Last edited by abbas; 11th February 2014 at 01:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Tecno Phantom A3 Mods; Rooting, CWM Recovery, Low Apps Memory

Tecno Phantom A3 is the new phablet released to the Nigerian Market by Tecno. It is a well specced Chinese android phone. Having acquired this phone, I noticed a lack of basic mods to the phone, so I went about helping myself. Following are the results of my research.

1. Rooting

Please use cydia impactor http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ to root the phone. It is easy and quick. After using cydia impactor, complete the routing with CF SuperSu. This is available in the play market.

2. CWM Recovery

You need a rooted phone to install this recovery.
After rooting, install mtk mobileuncle from the play market, then use it to update your recovery using the attached recovery image.

3. One major problem I noted earlier on with the phone is the small application memory. If you install many apps like me, your phone will soon telling you of low application memory. The solution below should banish that completely.

After these 3 mods you can really enjoy this great phone.

If I have helped you, don't post a thank you, just press the thanks button.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abbas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iguran
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Follow up on Tecno M9

Dear Abbas,
I would also like to suggest [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices
Check it out on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276 and after installing the apk, choose the 3rd option.
After a restart the phone will automatically download SuperSU from the playstore.

Please advise method of fixing the small application memory.

Thanks
Guran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas View Post
Tecno Phantom A3 is the new phablet released to the Nigerian Market by Tecno. It is a well specced Chinese android phone. Having acquired this phone, I noticed a lack of basic mods to the phone, so I went about helping myself. Following are the results of my research.

1. Rooting

Please use cydia impactor http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ to root the phone. It is easy and quick. After using cydia impactor, complete the routing with CF SuperSu. This is available in the play market.

2. CWM Recovery

You need a rooted phone to install this recovery.
After rooting, install mtk mobileuncle from the play market, then use it to update your recovery using the attached recovery image.

3. One major problem I noted earlier on with the phone is the small application memory. If you install many apps like me, your phone will soon telling you of low application memory. The solution below should banish that completely.

After these 3 mods you can really enjoy this great phone.

If I have helped you, don't post a thank you, just press the thanks button.

Skillz67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mr

How does formatting my phone with this recovery image tackle the memory issue?

icekanem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Request for more info on free Tecno A3 internal memory

Please kindly assist with detailed process on how to free my techno A3 with internal error memory. I know you you have already gone through that but I did t quite get it.
Icekanem

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguran View Post
Dear Abbas,
I would also like to suggest [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices
Check it out on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276 and after installing the apk, choose the 3rd option.
After a restart the phone will automatically download SuperSU from the playstore.

Please advise method of fixing the small application memory.

Thanks
Guran
Tags
phantom a3, recovery, root, tecno, tecno m9