Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] Gradient status bar for stock 4.1.2

OP IamAdderlyn

10th February 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I'm on the stock rom (4.1.2) i'm wondering if someone can edit my SystemUI.apk to make my status bar looks like official Samsung's kitkat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	check-out-newest-test-build-4-4-2-kitkat-for-your-samsung-galaxy-s4.w654.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	2571590  
10th February 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,286

1,292 posts
More
You could always try Nova Launcher, pretty sure that has the gradient status bar. That would be easier than modifying the system ui.
10th February 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy

You could always try Nova Launcher, pretty sure that has the gradient status bar. That would be easier than modifying the system ui.

Thanks for your answer the thing is that i don't want to change the launcher, just the status bar
11th February 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,039

2,484 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn

Thanks for your answer the thing is that i don't want to change the launcher, just the status bar

Well, then, you need to learn to program it yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

Well, then, you need to learn to program it yourself.

I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying
11th February 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,039

2,484 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn

I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying

Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly

Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.

Yes, you're right, thanks for your answer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread