Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gradient status bar for stock 4.1.2

Tip us?

IamAdderlyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Gradient status bar for stock 4.1.2

I'm on the stock rom (4.1.2) i'm wondering if someone can edit my SystemUI.apk to make my status bar looks like official Samsung's kitkat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	check-out-newest-test-build-4-4-2-kitkat-for-your-samsung-galaxy-s4.w654.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	2571590  

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,259
You could always try Nova Launcher, pretty sure that has the gradient status bar. That would be easier than modifying the system ui.

IamAdderlyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
You could always try Nova Launcher, pretty sure that has the gradient status bar. That would be easier than modifying the system ui.
Thanks for your answer the thing is that i don't want to change the launcher, just the status bar

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn View Post
Thanks for your answer the thing is that i don't want to change the launcher, just the status bar
Well, then, you need to learn to program it yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IamAdderlyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
Well, then, you need to learn to program it yourself.
I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn View Post
I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying
Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IamAdderlyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.
Yes, you're right, thanks for your answer