11th February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #11  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,400

3,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Didn't think there was an actual Rogers RUU available. At least I couldn't find one. That's why I used the Telus one.
http://d-h.st/Fv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdown

When i unzip the file you linked previously, this is what i see No firmware.zip. The file was called "Stock_JB_4.3_ROGER001_TWRP_3.22.631.1_htc_one_m7. zip"

I feel like a jerk for continuing to bother you but the help your giving me is also making me feel better about all this, so again, thanks!

Sry mate, linked you a nandroid backup file! use that ruu file @mb_guy linked. Telus recovery is the same as rogers, so you can proceed with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Sry mate, linked you a nandroid backup file! use that ruu file @mb_guy linked. Telus recovery is the same as rogers, so you can proceed with this.

Sorry, I also worded it wrong, it is just the Telus recovery.img
11th February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I also worded it wrong, it is just the Telus recovery.img

So am I wrong to assume that if i use the Rogers Nandroid backup, then extract the recovery.img from the Telus file, flash it in, i should be ok to OTA? I guess i'll see what happens if i do so!
11th February 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:

So am I wrong to assume that if i use the Rogers Nandroid backup, then extract the recovery.img from the Telus file, flash it in, i should be ok to OTA? I guess i'll see what happens if i do so!

I thought your rom was still stock, so likely all you need from the nandroid is the missing apps (calc and flashlight) not sure if the ota cares if they are missing. I would just try recovery first and see what happens
The Following User Says Thank You to mb_guy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #15  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

just flash the recovery.img linked above. then try to apply the ota. if it fail then use that rogers nandroid to restore to stock following instructions from sahilzz guide in my signature
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #16  

22 posts
More
Quote:

just flash the recovery.img linked above. then try to apply the ota. if it fail then use that rogers nandroid to restore to stock following instructions from sahilzz guide in my signature

ok, i will just try the stock recovery and then OTA. Hope it works. One more question though (sorry haha), after i unzip the RUU, do i have to rename the recovery_signed.img to recovery.img or is it ok as is?
11th February 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #17  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok, i will just try the stock recovery and then OTA. Hope it works. One more question though (sorry haha), after i unzip the RUU, do i have to rename the recovery_signed.img to recovery.img or is it ok as is?

you can rename it what you want

fastboot flash recovery <name_of_recovery_file_here>.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
11th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #18  

22 posts
More
Quote:

I thought your rom was still stock, so likely all you need from the nandroid is the missing apps (calc and flashlight) not sure if the ota cares if they are missing. I would just try recovery first and see what happens

Quote:

Just an update guys (again, thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!!): I flashed in the Telus recovery and tried the OTA with my stock ROM and unfortunately, it didn't work (I got the picture with the red triangle). I guess there was too much modified with my system.
I reflashed TWRP and then flashed the Roger's Nandroid after which I then flashed the Telus recovery again and decided to try the OTA. It worked! Phone updated to 4.4.2 so I flashed in TWRP and SuperSU and all is well. Rooted, Unlocked and S-OFF on stock 4.4.2.

One issue that did arise (which i also saw when i flashed ARHD 51) was now I can't file transfer on my Mac. It still works on a Windows based computer but HTC Sync and Android File Transfer both crash on my Mac.

Anyway, thanks again for your help guys!
Last edited by eightdown; 11th February 2014 at 02:34 PM.
11th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Talking Big Thanks to mb_guy and alray!
I want to thank mb_guy and alray for thier help.

Here are the steps that what worked for me.

1) I flashed the telus recovery_3.22.661.1_R3_signed.img
2) I was then able to apply the OTA from Rogers.
3) I re-flashed the latest twrp recovery
4) Re-applied chainfire's Super Su

Thanks again everyone!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread