Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rom Screenshots

Tip us?

rk4262
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Camera [Q] Rom Screenshots

btw: I did search,, but I did not find exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe i wasn't putting the right search phrase in the search bar, but what I wanted just did not come up.

I have finally got my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 I727) rooted, and started looking around for a Rom, I have found a lot of Roms available, however less than 10% of those have screenshots. Out of the ones that do have screenshots, a good 65%-75% of those screenshots, are of the black "Settinngs" page, and do not actually show the Rom. I hate to complain, because I know the devs have worked so hard making these roms, and they deserve to be thanked, and not fussed at. But, do they not think that people might want to see what they are downloading before they dowload it? I have found about 10 Roms with screenshots of the desktop, and icons, which is what I want to see. If I'm going to live with this, I want to like what I get. I have a very limited download amount, I can't just start downloading everything until I find something I like, I have to find what I like then download only that one thing.

I know there is one thread here on XDA that has some screenshots, http://forum.xda-developers.com/s2-skyrocket#romList But, that is almost the only place I have found. I want to see the desktop, the background, the icons, the app drawer icons, a shot of a settings page is fine, but I want to see the visual effects. Is there anywhere else that you know of that I can find screenshots. I found one I could live with, but I would almost rather stay on stock than waste my download on something I'm not 100% happy with.

I do appreciate all the hard work the devs do, I would just like to be able to see and admire their work.

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 11th February 2014 at 04:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 365
Did you try to search in youtube? Most devs upload detailed demos with all information you asked for

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
i agree with amirTor most of the time you should look on you tube for reviews of the ROM, it can be frustrating but its their choice, sometimes its not necessary to put up pictures.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.4) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

rk4262
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok if thats where they want to put them thats fine. I had no idea thats what they did. Thats not going to help me much youtube counts against my download. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

sent from tapatalk