XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted Note3 won't flash new roms

Tip us?

trpfn03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted Note3 won't flash new roms

i Have a rooted Note 3 (verizon) and it will not flash new roms. I tried CWR and safestrap 3.70 (latest?)

It goes through the motions but ends up either getting in a boot loop or rebooting with stock rom?

I have:

Andriod version 4.3

Baseband Version N900VVRUBMJE

Kernel 3.4.0

Build Number JSS15J.N900VVRUBMJE

SE--- Permissive

Hardware Version N900V.07

I should note that it is rooted but.... that was a pain.. and none of the methods on this site worked.... I had to use Kongo.

Thanks,

Kevin

trpfn03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unrooted me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpfn03 View Post
i Have a rooted Note 3 (verizon) and it will not flash new roms. I tried CWR and safestrap 3.70 (latest?)

It goes through the motions but ends up either getting in a boot loop or rebooting with stock rom?

I have:

Andriod version 4.3

Kernel 3.4.0

SE--- Permissive

I should note that it is rooted but.... that was a pain.. and none of the methods on this site worked.... I had to use Kongo.

Thanks,

Kevin
I tried it again and it unrooted me? Is my build software too new?

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:

I have:

Andriod version 4.3

Kernel 3.4.0

SE--- Permissive

Thanks,

Kevin
Quote:
I tried it again and it unrooted me? Is my build software too new?
It sounds like you may have installed Safestrap apk but not recovery?
Is Safestrap in your app drawer? If not, install the safestrap.apk
Open Safestrap - Select Install Recovery - Reboot
At boot after Samsung screen, there should be a Safestrap screen with a 10 sec timeout with a selection "recovery"

Do you see that?
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3

trpfn03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmike6453 View Post
It sounds like you may have installed Safestrap apk but not recovery?
Is Safestrap in your app drawer? If not, install the safestrap.apk
Open Safestrap - Select Install Recovery - Reboot
At boot after Samsung screen, there should be a Safestrap screen with a 10 sec timeout with a selection "recovery"

Do you see that?

Yes-- i did that

could there be an issue w my sd card? i have on of those after market 64gb cards

repsol_23
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Yes-- i did that

could there be an issue w my sd card? i have on of those after market 64gb cards
But do you see the recovery screen. I'd you don't see that then safestrap hasn't installed the recovery yet. Once you have done that the You can start using a rom slot for custom roms.

Hope this helps.

Tap'n & Talk'n on my Note 3

dtu5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am currently having the same issue. fist i install safestrap recovery, then i boot into recovery with safestrap.After that i create the rom space then i activate that space and wipe it as well. From there i install the rom its says the rom is installed but it always tell me md5 not found. once it reboot it just sits at a black screen until i boot back into recovery and go back to stock. Finally my phone is a AT&T unlocked and rooted note 3. my model number is sm-900a android version 4.3. i would appreciate any help or response that i get back thanks in advance.

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtu5 View Post
I am currently having the same issue. fist i install safestrap recovery, then i boot into recovery with safestrap.After that i create the rom space then i activate that space and wipe it as well. From there i install the rom its says the rom is installed but it always tell me md5 not found. once it reboot it just sits at a black screen until i boot back into recovery and go back to stock. Finally my phone is a AT&T unlocked and rooted note 3. my model number is sm-900a android version 4.3. i would appreciate any help or response that i get back thanks in advance.
This safestrap is for Verizon only, you should ask this in the AT&T thread. I think you can install Clockwork Mod or Team Win recoveries on your phone.