5,599,977 Members 45,314 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 ghost touches / faulty touchscreen

Tip us?

Amr Khaled
Old
(Last edited by Amr Khaled; 11th February 2014 at 11:59 AM.) Reason: Add Video link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Note 3 ghost touches / faulty touchscreen

Hi,

I am having a serious touchscreen issue with my Note 3,
I am getting ghost touches, which happens occasionally but sometimes goes crazy,
It happens in a specific area of the screen (exact area, between and over QWERTY and ASDFGH rows when typing),

It appeared after a month from purchase,
I have submitted it twice to Samsung service center without getting it fixed,
1st time they changed the charging port!!!
2nd time they just reset the software !!!

What should be the solution to this issue ? is it a usage issue - I never dropped it ?

Final note, lately I noticed that I can trigger these ghost touches to happen by pressing (with some little pressure) on the top left corner of the touchscreen.

Below video shows the problem,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TqjQD99tMk

Amr Khaled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update:
I have submitted it today for the 3rd time to Samsung service center, I hope I get it fixed this time.

They said that they will replace the LCD screen, should that fix my problem ?

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
LCD screen has a touch pad build in and from your description seems like there was a short somewhere inside the screen so this should fix it, but frankly service center should read your complain and test it for this particular problem before giving the phone back to you, the first and second time around unless it's something hard to reproduce. You can only hope third time is a charm.