[Q] I9506 and 3UK on 4G/LTE ?

OP UKWombat

11th February 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi,

has anyone managed to use an unlocked Galaxy S4 I9506 with LTE/4G on 3UK (three.co.uk)?

When I use a 4G 3UK SIM in a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (2014 Edition) I can see a Network Mode of WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), as well as WCDMA only and GSM only.

When I use a 4G 3UK SIM in a Galaxy S4 I9506, I can only see 3G/2G (auto connect) and 3G only modes - no option for 4G/LTE.

If I use a Vodafone or EE SIM in the same I9506, then I see Network Mode options for 4G/3G/2G (auto connect), as well as 3G/2G and 3G only.

Any advice on firmware/baseband versions gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

UKW
11th February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWombat

Hi,

has anyone managed to use an unlocked Galaxy S4 I9506 with LTE/4G on 3UK (three.co.uk)?

When I use a 4G 3UK SIM in a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (2014 Edition) I can see a Network Mode of WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), as well as WCDMA only and GSM only.

When I use a 4G 3UK SIM in a Galaxy S4 I9506, I can only see 3G/2G (auto connect) and 3G only modes - no option for 4G/LTE.

If I use a Vodafone or EE SIM in the same I9506, then I see Network Mode options for 4G/3G/2G (auto connect), as well as 3G/2G and 3G only.

Any advice on firmware/baseband versions gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

UKW

I had a similar problem. I Am in Ireland and I am using an unlocked from on 3 Ireland. I am on stock 4.3. I used the following method to enable the option for LTE. You must be rooted for this to work:

Using Root Explorer or something similar go to data >property>persist.radio.lteon.xml open the file in Text Editor and change the value to true. Save and Exit and Reboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread