Android 4.4 KitKat TouchWiz

OP blkhrt13

11th February 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson
Thanks Meter: 15

124 posts
More
I was reading this article about the KitKat updates for the Note 3 and s4 and it also said that the Note II and S III will be getting the updates later on. My question is, when do you guys think we can expect custom KitKat/TouchWiz ROMs? I'm really curious as to how this new software will behave on our devices. What do you guys think? Here's the article I read http://www.androidpit.com/android-4-...amsung-devices

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th February 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,595 posts
More
Whenever an article mentions Android updates, it's a good practice to frame their discussion in the context of international models. Carrier variants typically see updates at a much slower pace, especially older devices. If the rumored date is soon for an unspecified S3 variant, it's for an international model. Count on no TouchWiz KitKat roms until Samsung pushes a build for Verizon, Verizon certifies it, then pushes it out as an OTA.

Way too early to even think about a custom TW KitKat rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson
Thanks Meter: 15

124 posts
More
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I actually had a KitKat phone before I got my S III, it was the Motorola Droid Mini, which is actually a pretty sweet phone, but it was just Android KitKat and I was just curious as to how the manufactures were going to do their KitKat software. I know that HTC is going to stick with they're social networking centered Sense 5 unfortunately. But KitKat is more of a Flat UI like Windows 8 and iOS 7 have done. I'm curious as to how TouchWiz is going to be remodeled. I guess the best way to find out is just get an s4 or Note 3, but as laggy and bogged down as their software currently is with no chance of unlocking they're bootloaders, I don't want them. Yeah the Note 3 has 3 GB of RAM and a quad core clocked at 2.3 gHz but you can't feel that because if the horrible software. Guess I'll just kick back and stay on the modified CleanROM 8 that I'm running. I made it a hell of a lot faster than it was and it's running pretty good for me. Thanks for your reply man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to blkhrt13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread