Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What sound equalizer app do you use ?

Tip us?

Sergiochr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
Well, ....

So what ROM are you on, and what app are you listening to?
I really want DSP manager but it just dosn't seem to do anything.
I'm trying to have it working with stock LG rom, rooted and MX player.
Well,i'm with stock LG rom,rooted and i tried DSP manager with:Real Racing 2,Toy Defence 3 and other games...Also i tried it and it works with Viral,and Vodio,haven't tried it with MX player...

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
As is commonly known, at lower volumes the sound on the G pad is pretty dark and murky.
This can be improved easily by using an equalizer app and turning down the bass/lower frequencies, and turning up the higher frequencies.

I've tried a few different apps, some work, some don't.
Currently I'm using the "Music equalizer" app, which is allright but turns itself off after 30 minutes, so I'm looking for something better.
What apps have you found that work well with MX player?

(I know sound improves in other ROM's but I want to stay rooted stock, so custom ROM's are not an option right now)
If you are rooted you could try AlsaMixer. It's kinda a carry over from Linux. Bear in mind that it had a major overhaul some time ago. It has so many settings for each connectin you won't believe it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to use it after the overhaul as everything is classified pretty cryptic, but I believe I saw something about 5 different EQ bands. AlsaMixer is system wide btw. The EQ is just one of many variables you can set. However finding a tutorial is imminent, if you ask me. Good luck.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
-
Get Tab Pro 10.1.psd complete with gloss and background layers here to make your own smechsy screenshot.

ASW1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
you could try AlsaMixer.
Thanks for the tip.
I had a look at it, but that's probably going to take me days to figure out since I know nothing about programming..

I'm still wondering about DSP manager on stock in combination with MX player, does anyone have that working?

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Thanks for the tip.
I had a look at it, but that's probably going to take me days to figure out since I know nothing about programming..

I'm still wondering about DSP manager on stock in combination with MX player, does anyone have that working?
I'm not certain of what I'm saying right now. But since MX Player is capable of using both software and hardware for both sound and video I suspect it may use it's own settings.. I don't know. I'm basing it on ZPlayer in the Market which I used for a long time, that one had it's own EQ and such and the dev said that the users shouldn't be using any 3rd party EQ's because it wouldn't have any effect.. May be some of the same stuff going on with MX Player since it offers all these different decoders.. Sorry, I'm not going back to stock to test this. Anything CM/AOSP related, I'll gladly check out for you. :/

"XO Pressley has the deck."
-
Get Tab Pro 10.1.psd complete with gloss and background layers here to make your own smechsy screenshot.

ASW1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
I'm just wondering; DSP manager does not seem to have any effect on the sound of any apps here.

As for MX player (which is the only app I really care about for an equalizer to work with),
some equalizer apps work with it and some don't.
The few that I found that work all quit after 30 minutes, probably that's a limitation in android?

I'm starting to think harder about Mahdi rom, it sure looks nice but I just can't part yet from Qremote.

callif
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
Greetings..
I know you want to stay stock but...

I was just reading this thread and I have CM-11 installed and I thought.. why not turn on Netflix and the DSP (which I was not using) and see if the DSP Mgr. does make a difference..

It Does.. A Big Difference if you adjust the EQ manually.. So at least you know you have an option should your situation become unbearable.
Rooted users can use viper. It is the best system wide system modulator out there. It can be found almost anywhere on these forums. If you need a link, pm me and i'll send you one.

Charlie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to callif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ro_explorer
Old
(Last edited by ro_explorer; 9th February 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 525
I never understood the "pm me and I'll send you the link" attitude.

Anyway .. I agree with Charlie: it is a very good sound enhancer utility.
Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
Currently rocking:
Z1 compact - Stock 4.4.4 + xposed
RAZR i - stock 4.1.2 - rooted
LG G Pad 8.3 - CM11
In-house: Nexus 7 - 32GB - (Stock 4.4.4 - rooted), Nexus 4 - 16GB - (Stock 4.4.4 + xposed + Franco kerne)l, Defy (MIUI) + Galaxy Tab 8.9 (ICS stock- rooted)

HAVIT bluetooth speaker review
The Following User Says Thank You to ro_explorer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ASW1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by callif View Post
Rooted users can use viper. It is the best system wide system modulator out there.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Viper4androidFX works,
it works with MX player and it keeps working after 30 minutes.

I believed for a moment that this was the solution for optimizing the sound on the G pad,
however viper seems to have an unwanted effect on videoprocessing;
while streaming HD content over MX player there is a slight stutter in the video that immediately disappears when I turn viper off.
That makes useless for me really.

I am thinking about saying goodbye to the Qremote app and flashing Mahdi.

callif
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_explorer View Post
I never understood the "pm me and I'll send you the link" attitude.

Anyway .. I agree with Charlie: it is a very good sound enhancer utility.
Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
The reason is that I prefer privacy on these boards. That's all

Charlie