Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Changing Clock Speed

Tip us?

SubjectSigma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Changing Clock Speed

I am on ElementalX after doing the over clock process I am unable to change the clock speed of the device, it is stuck at 2.1 GHz which isn't very good for battery life. Can someone tell me how to changeq it without installing another kernel. I'm on 4.4.2 of The HTC One Nexus ROM
Currently Used - HTC One (ViperROM)

Retired Phones -
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Broken screen)
Xperia Play (Unlocked)
HTC EVO 4G
Samsung Captivate

kamilmirza
Old
(Last edited by kamilmirza; 11th February 2014 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSigma View Post
I am on ElementalX after doing the over clock process I am unable to change the clock speed of the device, it is stuck at 2.1 GHz which isn't very good for battery life. Can someone tell me how to changeq it without installing another kernel. I'm on 4.4.2 of The HTC One Nexus ROM
please don't try anything if you don't know what you are doing
please learn to read
it is stated in AROMA while flashing that you can't change clock speeds after flashing; you have to select while flashing only
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5

SubjectSigma
Old
(Last edited by SubjectSigma; 11th February 2014 at 06:34 PM.) Reason: more information
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Wow I'm blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
please don't try anything if you don't know what you are doing
please learn to read
it is stated in AROMA while flashing that you can't change clock speeds after flashing; you have to select while flashing only
Well now I feel stupid, do you know a kernel that still let's me overclock but still let me change it in system
Plus I've been flashing Roms for like 3 years, but that was on my xplay, I'm not sure if I'm reading your response wrong but I though you were being kinda rude, my apologies if I'm just reading it wrong
Currently Used - HTC One (ViperROM)

Retired Phones -
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Broken screen)
Xperia Play (Unlocked)
HTC EVO 4G
Samsung Captivate

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSigma View Post
Well now I feel stupid, do you know a kernel that still let's me overclock but still let me change it in system
you can use tbalden's kernel, which allow changing clock speed etc (on the go)
Quote:
Plus I've been flashing Roms for like 3 years, but that was on my xplay, I'm not sure if I'm reading your response wrong but I though you were being kinda rude, my apologies if I'm just reading it wrong
lol yes i was a bit rude but from your 3 years experience on xda suggests that we all should read everything before trying, isn't it?
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5