Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Stuttering/Low Framerate?

OP Leonveerman

11th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hey guys first of all I'm new on XDA.

My Galaxy S Advance just doesn't feel ''butter smooth'' like it should be. When I use my friends Galaxy S II, I really feel the difference when scrolling through homescreens. When I'm scrolling through my homescreens on my SGS Advance it just feels like it has something like 40-50 fps.

Does anyone know a solution for this? Or is this just the flaws of the SGS Advance?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 11, but I've had many different ROM and Kernels, they all didn't solve the problem.
King ov Hell
11th February 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
40 - 50 FPS ? really ? In my opinion your eyes can't realize 24 FPS above if you are NOT playing Battlefield 3.

Quote:

24 FPS is enough (maybe not good as you want lol)
30 FPS is good (smooth as we wait)
45 FPS is very good (excellent)

I bet you have problems with scrolling especially in the internet browser. I encounter too.
11th February 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by King ov Hell

40 - 50 FPS ? really ? In my opinion your eyes can't realize 24 FPS above if you are NOT playing Battlefield 3.



I bet you have problems with scrolling especially in the internet browser. I encounter too.

Well 40-50 fps is what I think. If I'm playing games I certainly can see the difference between 60 fps and 50 fps. The problem occurs everywhere but is most noticable in scrolling and as you said when scrolling in a browser.
King ov Hell
11th February 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonveerman

Well 40-50 fps is what I think. If I'm playing games I certainly can see the difference between 60 fps and 50 fps. The problem occurs everywhere but is most noticable in scrolling and as you said when scrolling in a browser.

All I can say is "I know I too" but you can perform some basic things. If you're using stock sam ROM you can install CoCore Kernel and you can delete unnecesary system apps. If you're using CM you can disable reporting, touchbooster, some debug stuff on kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by King ov Hell

All I can say is "I know I too" but you can perform some basic things. If you're using stock sam ROM you can install CoCore Kernel and you can delete unnecesary system apps. If you're using CM you can disable reporting, touchbooster, some debug stuff on kernel.

Hmm, well I'm using CM but somehow I can't install CoCore kernel on CM11 because I get in a bootloop if I do. About the Disable Reporting and Touchbooster, I don't know how I can set or change these things, how do I do that?
11th February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #6  
coffeecore's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 175
 
718 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Can't compare with S2.
11th February 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
980 2424526
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecore

Can't compare with S2.

I know you can't compare the SGS Advance with the S 2 but It's only the lag/low framerate, I don't get why it is not running smooth. Apps start up just as fast as on the S 2.
11th February 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #8  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,514
 
7,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonveerman

I know you can't compare the SGS Advance with the S 2 but It's only the lag/low framerate, I don't get why it is not running smooth. Apps start up just as fast as on the S 2.

On CMs we have problem with tearing screens while scrolling or similar actions. I guess it is because we do not have stock 4.2.2+ firmwares, so devs did some modifications from 4.1 or something. They will explain you better. But they will fix it if it is possible.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes