Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Request] Help with Root, Unlock, S-OFF, and Tamper

Tip us?

russellvone
Old
Thanks Meter 802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogConspiracy View Post
Thank you for putting up with my ignorance thus far, guys.

However, I:

- Am running Universal Rumrunner.
- Have already un-checked the Fastboot option.
- Have no current lock on my phone. Security>Screen Lock>None
- Have USB debug enabled.
Edit: - Have HTC Sync removed.
- Have no firewall, granting access to sojo.
- Have granted superuser/root access to ADB.

In my previous post, I stated I ran Rumrunner. It was with the aforementioned settings.
I did make sure to do this before touching anything.

This is why I'm stumped.

Is there any information I can provide that might assist you guys?
use an unsecure kernel

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

AnalogConspiracy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellvone View Post
use an unsecure kernel

I'll have to look for one.

However, I managed to get Rumrunner working properly.

What did I do?

... I re-downloaded the same universal version that I have. Then, I ran it.
I don't know what wasn't making it function properly in the first place, but it has this time.

My HTC One SV from Cricket is officially S-OFF.

Thank you very much for your help, and contributing to the education of my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnalogConspiracy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wytaske34
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi I'm new here to kind of been into rooting my phones since I heard if it I've always figured it out on my own but the HTC sv im stumped I'd like to root and unlock who knows what from there but I've had this phone for a while can anyone help?

Sent from my C525c using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

And if anyone knows anything about LG optimous 9 I have one them never turned it on yet need a battery are they any better cause I like the HTC but I'd like to throw it as far as possible love the phone but needs to come unlocked

AnalogConspiracy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytaske34 View Post
Hi I'm new here to kind of been into rooting my phones since I heard if it I've always figured it out on my own but the HTC sv im stumped I'd like to root and unlock who knows what from there but I've had this phone for a while can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

And if anyone knows anything about LG optimous 9 I have one them never turned it on yet need a battery are they any better cause I like the HTC but I'd like to throw it as far as possible love the phone but needs to come unlocked

HTC One SV:

First off, make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

You do have to make an account. Please do so, and follow their instructions to the letter.

Second. Flash TWRP recovery, as seen: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292432 (This link is also in old.splatterhand's signature.)

Third, run Rumrunner Universal -- the latest version, and then you should be set.

As for the requirements -- you will see them as you seek these topics. Everything is literally on that XDA link I sent -- it's also in old.splatterhand's signature, again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalogConspiracy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,449

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytaske34 View Post

You have a K2_CL. I see that in your comment signature. Make sure you DO NOT use anything that pertains to K2_PLC_CL, K2_UL, and/or K2_U! Their partitions are different and unless you know what you are doing you may bring about some serious issues down the road lol.

Ultimately, everything you need you can find in old.splatterhands index as already mentioned. The custom recovery must pertain to K2_CL or it will not work.

Step one: unlock bootloader

Step two: flash custom recovery

Step three: make a backup using custom recovery

Step four: flash a flashable.zip with supersu to gain root.

Step five: the rest is up to you based on your wants, needs, and desires.

If you are not sure of something, please ask!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]