LG F3Q

Search This thread

ged92781

Mar 8, 2007
My Sidekick is still going after almost 3 years, but I'm thinking of adding the LG F3Q to my stable. Anyone else try it out yet?

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I would suggest the galaxy relay over that, the only thing better I see in it is the larger battery and now a days you can get the relay on the cheap. Plus there is an active Dev community for it.
I will say either phone will be an inferior keyboard but at least keeps the 5 rows

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ewedel

Feb 18, 2014
F3Q keyboard seems pretty good actually

I would suggest the galaxy relay over that, the only thing better I see in it is the larger battery and now a days you can get the relay on the cheap. Plus there is an active Dev community for it.
I will say either phone will be an inferior keyboard but at least keeps the 5 rows

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Actually, have touched a couple copies of the F3Q and the keyboard feels (imo) at least as good as the much-loved Desire Z. Unfortunately it doesn't have the nice non-slip case like the HTC phone. But the slide action feels ok -- not too hard, not too soft. :) Real issue for me is the camera. Have only tested it in-store, so in reasonably good light. Compared to my current daily, an HTC Doubleshot, the F3Q's camera looks really soft. Much more than I'd expect going from the Doubleshot's 8Mpix to 5Mpix. Waiting for another TMO store to get their act together and charge their F3Q so I can get a second take on the camera.

Keyboard sure does feel nice though. Although the layout is a little funky it seems usable. And so far better than the Relay 4G (especially the space bar) that it's not even funny.