Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1 Compact's back is plastic! Only Z1f's is glass!

Tip us?

ghtop
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Another thread about this?

Not commenintg about the white paper, but I'm not sure what you think those images & vid actually prove. All I see is 1 photo of the inside of the backplate, and 2 seconds of someone removing one. They confirm that the backplate is thin, and has layers. What does this tell us about the material of the outside layer? Until someone actually tests it or Sony fesses up: nothing.

alpha beta gaga
Old
Thanks Meter 19
seriously dude? already a 4 page ongoing thread about this on the first page of z1c discussions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2640644

Castanje
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop View Post
Another thread about this?

Not commenintg about the white paper, but I'm not sure what you think those images & vid actually prove. All I see is 1 photo of the inside of the backplate, and 2 seconds of someone removing one. They confirm that the backplate is thin, and has layers. What does this tell us about the material of the outside layer? Until someone actually tests it or Sony fesses up: nothing.
In the Dutch Xperia Care chat they told me it was plastic. I'm currently trying to get in the US chat for more information about the white paper edits and the camera flash bleed issue's, but I can tell you that the back is plastic.

And guys, I'm sorry for the double threads. I thought it was extra worth mentioning especially when the Japanese Z1f does have a glass back while the rest of the world gets ripped off.

Richdog
Old
Thanks Meter 44
These repetitive threads about already well-identified issues are getting pretty annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Richdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zoidy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
There's a review at The Telegraph where they state it has Dragontail glass on both front and back....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ct-review.html

If so then Dragontail is sh*t for stopping scratches.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

wedgess
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,374

DONATE TO ME
Please use the thread which is already created HERE, opening another thread which follows the same subject just adds to unnecessary clutter. Thanks

Thread closed
-wedgess
Forum Moderator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe