5,594,282 Members 43,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One strange G-Sensor problem

Tip us?

CryptoCombat
Old
(Last edited by CryptoCombat; 17th January 2014 at 01:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
I'll analyse over the weekend. this is quite some data. I'll write a short program that reads it out^^
I parsed them into excel using csv format mode. Check out sheet two for a graph. the orange line (labeled sum) is the sum of the x,y and z readings' absolute values. there's some very interesting data in the magnetometer file. anytime I really hammered down on the gas, the magnetic field shot up. Beyond 100 in a spot or two in sum!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx accelerometer.xlsx - [Click for QR Code] (259.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: xlsx magnetometer.xlsx - [Click for QR Code] (208.6 KB, 5 views)

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptoCombat View Post
I parsed them into excel using csv format mode. Check out sheet two for a graph. the orange line (labeled sum) is the sum of the x,y and z readings' absolute values. there's some very interesting data in the magnetometer file. anytime I really hammered down on the gas, the magnetic field shot up. Beyond 100 in a spot or two in sum!
ok, I think the accelometer looks ok. but the magnetic field is indeed very strange. Today I tested it too.. but there was no special effect to the magnetic field.
Maybe ask your bike vendor if the bike emmits electromagnetic radiation. If yes, it's totally ok that your magnetometer on your phone mesures this. If not, there might be another reason.
But sorry, I can't give you more informations or ideas. But if I think about something possible I'll notify you.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Sorry, I checked your accelometer graph again. You calculated the sum the wrong way. The actual way to calculate it is:

sum = √(a₁ + a₂ + a₃)

And with that you get this graph:

Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer

CryptoCombat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Interesting update: with no headphones plugged in, the skipping does not occur. I started a playlist through the built in speakers and after a very fast drive it was on track to the second.

I'm guessing the magnetic field generated by the alternator is causing induction feedback in the headphone wires. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stldaniel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mmm

try a differnet pair of headphones maybe?

CryptoCombat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stldaniel View Post
try a differnet pair of headphones maybe?
Yup. That's my next step. Sadface, these Beats earbuds are nice

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Interesting update: with no headphones plugged in, the skipping does not occur. I started a playlist through the built in speakers and after a very fast drive it was on track to the second.

I'm guessing the magnetic field generated by the alternator is causing induction feedback in the headphone wires. Otherwise I'm stumped.

why didn't you mention or quote me? I would have been able to answer... but I didn't get any notification. Yes.. maybe, because this graph was quite strange. You can make an isolation with another magnetic field that compensates these fluctiations.
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer

vvelvetelvis
Old
Thanks Meter 64
i am so glad i found this post. i just got my one and am having the exact same problem. i even have htc sending me a new pair of headphones. i was going to try using my old s3 headphones but the one wont even recognize them when i plug them in.

i have to say, all your graphs and math is way to much for me. all i know is my phone hates my motorcycle. whats really weird is, i can make it on the streets to the fwy. its once i get on the fwy that things go all skippy.

did you ever find a solution?
Samsung galaxy s3 - cm10 nightly

Thanks for all the help on these forums.