Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Something is causing my S4 CPU to be running 24/7 and killing battery

Tip us?

SGS2X
Old
(Last edited by SGS2X; 11th February 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Something is causing my S4 CPU to be running 24/7 and killing battery

For the past few days I've noticed my S4 randomly go from 80% battery to completely dead while just in my pocket... when I take the phone out, I notice that it is running very hot. I also keep getting notifications that my memory is completely full (I have 16gb + 32gb sd card).

This is a screenshot of what is causing the cpu to be running. 'Media' caused 80% of my battery to be depleted. Also, the battery decline seems to be a steady slope.

Is there any way to figure out what is causing this and how to stop it? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-10-23-14-08.png
Views:	88
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	2572173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-10-23-21-35.png
Views:	33
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	2572174  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<--- on a 24mb/1mb plan 0_o Either Rogers is being extra generous, or they find a way to fake speedtest results.

azuziel
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS2X View Post
For the past few days I've noticed my S4 randomly go from 80% battery to completely dead while just in my pocket... when I take the phone out, I notice that it is running very hot. I also keep getting notifications that my memory is completely full (I have 16gb + 32gb sd card).

This is a screenshot of what is causing the cpu to be running. 'Media' caused 80% of my battery to be depleted. Also, the battery decline seems to be a steady slope.

Is there any way to figure out what is causing this and how to stop it? Thanks!
Install wakelock detector. Charge to 100% and let it drain. Then check wakelock detector PRIOR to re-charging. THis will tell you exactly what is keeping the unit from hibernating properly. Poor case design can cause overheating as well. My i377m gets quite warm charging with the case on, so I just take it off. BetterBatteryStats also works.