Flashing CM11 Nightlies Boot.img from Recovery

OP ethanon

11th February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

92 posts
More
Hello Devs,

Just wondering if the new CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies has the boot install script in it or not , Since my device is S-OFF if the install script is present I should be able to install the boot.img from recovery itself rather than extracting it and flashing throught FASTBOOT.

Recently I found that some roms they they don't come with the install script for which I had to push the boot.img separately..

Can some one help me out with this one.

Thanks
11th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 6,841

5,357 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon

Hello Devs,

Just wondering if the new CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies has the boot install script in it or not , Since my device is S-OFF if the install script is present I should be able to install the boot.img from recovery itself rather than extracting it and flashing throught FASTBOOT.

Recently I found that some roms they they don't come with the install script for which I had to push the boot.img separately..

Can some one help me out with this one.

Thanks

Nope
11th February 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

92 posts
More
Correct me if I am wrong , you mean to say that I will have to push boot.img separately , as the boot install script is missing in CM11
11th February 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 6,841

5,357 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon

Correct me if I am wrong , you mean to say that I will have to push boot.img separately , as the boot install script is missing in CM11

100% correct.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread