Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing CM11 Nightlies Boot.img from Recovery

Tip us?

ethanon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Flashing CM11 Nightlies Boot.img from Recovery

Hello Devs,

Just wondering if the new CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies has the boot install script in it or not , Since my device is S-OFF if the install script is present I should be able to install the boot.img from recovery itself rather than extracting it and flashing throught FASTBOOT.

Recently I found that some roms they they don't come with the install script for which I had to push the boot.img separately..

Can some one help me out with this one.

Thanks

Lloir
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6541

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
Hello Devs,

Just wondering if the new CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies has the boot install script in it or not , Since my device is S-OFF if the install script is present I should be able to install the boot.img from recovery itself rather than extracting it and flashing throught FASTBOOT.

Recently I found that some roms they they don't come with the install script for which I had to push the boot.img separately..

Can some one help me out with this one.

Thanks
Nope

ethanon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Correct me if I am wrong , you mean to say that I will have to push boot.img separately , as the boot install script is missing in CM11

Lloir
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6541

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanon View Post
Correct me if I am wrong , you mean to say that I will have to push boot.img separately , as the boot install script is missing in CM11
100% correct.