Tip us?

graphik_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S I9000 won't boot and turns off

Hello Community,

I'm new here and hope you can help me even if it is only a little bit

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with stock rom 2.3.6, root rights and cwm flashed.
Before I did this I had some problems with my phone, e.g. if I hit (gently) the back side the phone turns off =/

My new at the moment real problem is that I cannot turn my phone on if I only use the battery. (onlly the Samsung logo appears for a short time)
I can only boot it if the phone is pluged into my computer. When it runs and the display turns off, the phone will go off also. (not instantly but atfter 2-5 minutes)

Does anyone knows something about such a problem?

Thanks for your help.

graphik_

p.s.: I am sorry for bad english =/

TeKnoGin
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphik_ View Post
Hello Community,

I'm new here and hope you can help me even if it is only a little bit

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with stock rom 2.3.6, root rights and cwm flashed.
Before I did this I had some problems with my phone, e.g. if I hit (gently) the back side the phone turns off =/

My new at the moment real problem is that I cannot turn my phone on if I only use the battery. (onlly the Samsung logo appears for a short time)
I can only boot it if the phone is pluged into my computer. When it runs and the display turns off, the phone will go off also. (not instantly but atfter 2-5 minutes)

Does anyone knows something about such a problem?

Thanks for your help.

graphik_

p.s.: I am sorry for bad english =/
Weird try a flashing a custom ROM while plugged into the computer maybe it will help.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Seems to me like a hardware problem.I guess battery is going to die soon.Try with another battery.
• GT-i9100
• SlimSaber 4.3.1
• Dorimanx 10.43v107

graphik_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy View Post
Seems to me like a hardware problem.I guess battery is going to die soon.Try with another battery.
I can exclude the battery. I have tested two of them and I can be sure that both are well because they work in another Galaxy S I9000 without problem.

To flash a custom rom with plugged phone into computer will be tested tomorrow.

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphik_ View Post
I can exclude the battery. I have tested two of them and I can be sure that both are well because they work in another Galaxy S I9000 without problem.

To flash a custom rom with plugged phone into computer will be tested tomorrow.
Good luckBut I would suggest to flash stock gb rom first just to make sure its not a software problem.
• GT-i9100
• SlimSaber 4.3.1
• Dorimanx 10.43v107

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
I remember @xsenman has mentioned a solution for this problem about two months ago..... I am sure he will write you soon here.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my 50 cents to XDA community: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 help thread, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 Jét dual-boot full guide
Happy user of the amazing i9000 / love to help, but don't PM me technical questions
Dual-boot on: Dell D530 Ubuntu/WinXPx86, S8000 TW/JétDroid, P5110 NEXT-kernel-2.1.6, N7100 Devil2-kernel&recovery

pryerlee
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I had the same problem with my phone, it would reboot if i tapped the back of it, i found out it was a dodgy app i installed so i uninstalled a couple of apps i recently installed and it solve the problem.

graphik_
Old
(Last edited by graphik_; 12th February 2014 at 01:11 PM.) Reason: link for image
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So know I have tryed to flash with connected phone. I do not know whether it works because the phone won't boot the system, only recovery and bootloader.
In cause of this I have reflashed with Odin again. Now I get at reboot this screen:

image: s29.postimg.org/bu61r7md3/PZv_PCPk_Txs5a_Xl_G_z1a22_Odgumodl7_HN6v_Ksy3_Q5_M NPm_s.jpg
sry but i cannot post direct links =/
I understand what there is written but I don't know why, the only sdcard is my internal there is no external connected.

So there is a new problem and I would be glad about new ideas =\

(I tryed: reboot, wipes and reboot, wipes and new flashing (same problem))

@tetakpatak if my system boots again I would search for his post thank you