Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lockscreen Change

Tip us?

tigerluck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Lockscreen Change

Hi guys,
I upgrade my htc one to 4.4.2 yesterday and everything was fine. However, I did notice my lockscreen changed to a new one with the lock in the center and when pressed it there's ripples/circles around it. My phone died after awhile and when I went to restart it, the lockscreen reverted back the original where you swipe up to unlock. I was wondering if I can get that lockscreen back with the lock in the middle? I don't want to download another app to get it back, and surely it must be built in there somewhere..?

O.M.J
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerluck View Post
Hi guys,
I upgrade my htc one to 4.4.2 yesterday and everything was fine. However, I did notice my lockscreen changed to a new one with the lock in the center and when pressed it there's ripples/circles around it. My phone died after awhile and when I went to restart it, the lockscreen reverted back the original where you swipe up to unlock. I was wondering if I can get that lockscreen back with the lock in the middle? I don't want to download another app to get it back, and surely it must be built in there somewhere..?
post a screenshot...hold power & home button

sounds like the stock android lockscreen

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Hi guys,
I'd LOVE to know how you got that without installing something else.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

tigerluck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So the lockscreen I had was similar to the attached pic, but had the weather next to the the clock like the stock lockscreen. I updated the phone through twrp with "[ROM][4.4.2 Sense][STOCK]4.06.651.4 Rooted Deodexed and Odexed" from here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2561804  

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J View Post
post a screenshot...hold power & home button

sounds like the stock android lockscreen
Quote:
So the lockscreen I had was similar to the attached pic, but had the weather next to the the clock like the stock lockscreen. I updated the phone through twrp with "[ROM][4.4.2 Sense][STOCK]4.06.651.4 Rooted Deodexed and Odexed" from here.
Quoted OMJ so he would take a look. I've NEVER seen that in a stock sense rom....
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

Astrikz
Old
Thanks Meter 570
Guys. When on lock screen tap on the home button then slide up . You will see the aosp lock screen where you can then open Google now. Idk if this is something new but I noticed it after updating to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

tigerluck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrikz View Post
Guys. When on lock screen tap on the home button then slide up . You will see the aosp lock screen where you can then open Google now. Idk if this is something new but I noticed it after updating to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
That's just a feature in the settings..

I was surprised too how I ended up with a different lockscreen. But I really liked the look of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerluck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's just a feature in the settings..

I was surprised too how I ended up with a different lockscreen. But I really liked the look of it.
It's not a lock screen it's swipe up for google now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5

tigerluck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
so does anyone have any idea how I can get that lockscreen back? maybe it was pulled from some custom rom?