No registration required

[Q] Lockscreen Change

OP tigerluck

5th February 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Hi guys,
I upgrade my htc one to 4.4.2 yesterday and everything was fine. However, I did notice my lockscreen changed to a new one with the lock in the center and when pressed it there's ripples/circles around it. My phone died after awhile and when I went to restart it, the lockscreen reverted back the original where you swipe up to unlock. I was wondering if I can get that lockscreen back with the lock in the middle? I don't want to download another app to get it back, and surely it must be built in there somewhere..?
5th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 7,954

2,693 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerluck

Hi guys,
I upgrade my htc one to 4.4.2 yesterday and everything was fine. However, I did notice my lockscreen changed to a new one with the lock in the center and when pressed it there's ripples/circles around it. My phone died after awhile and when I went to restart it, the lockscreen reverted back the original where you swipe up to unlock. I was wondering if I can get that lockscreen back with the lock in the middle? I don't want to download another app to get it back, and surely it must be built in there somewhere..?

post a screenshot...hold power & home button

sounds like the stock android lockscreen
5th February 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

752 posts
More
Quote:

Hi guys,

I'd LOVE to know how you got that without installing something else.
6th February 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
So the lockscreen I had was similar to the attached pic, but had the weather next to the the clock like the stock lockscreen. I updated the phone through twrp with "[ROM][4.4.2 Sense][STOCK]4.06.651.4 Rooted Deodexed and Odexed" from here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2561804  
6th February 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J

post a screenshot...hold power & home button

sounds like the stock android lockscreen

Quote:

So the lockscreen I had was similar to the attached pic, but had the weather next to the the clock like the stock lockscreen. I updated the phone through twrp with "[ROM][4.4.2 Sense][STOCK]4.06.651.4 Rooted Deodexed and Odexed" from here.

Quoted OMJ so he would take a look. I've NEVER seen that in a stock sense rom....
6th February 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 570

1,257 posts
More
Guys. When on lock screen tap on the home button then slide up . You will see the aosp lock screen where you can then open Google now. Idk if this is something new but I noticed it after updating to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrikz

Guys. When on lock screen tap on the home button then slide up . You will see the aosp lock screen where you can then open Google now. Idk if this is something new but I noticed it after updating to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That's just a feature in the settings..

I was surprised too how I ended up with a different lockscreen. But I really liked the look of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerluck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1,311

2,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's just a feature in the settings..

I was surprised too how I ended up with a different lockscreen. But I really liked the look of it.

It's not a lock screen it's swipe up for google now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
so does anyone have any idea how I can get that lockscreen back? maybe it was pulled from some custom rom?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread