Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] app for full/system backup without freegee?

Tip us?

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
Ah. I've had no trouble exiting from Madmack's TWRP. I have had weird bootloops from others, at times, and sometimes the touch screen wouldn't work correctly on freegee's TWRP. No troubles at all via the hacked TWRP. :3

Sent from my AICP 4.4 LG-E980
I hope you are right. Going to hold off till Monday or Tuesday to test the hard boot recovery.

I've got a question for you. Do you know of a way to uninstall CWM that was installed with FreeGee?

I've read people say that one recovery is over written by the other, however, I know that isn't the case. If you unroot via supersu it'll remove the last recovery you installed but you'll be able to hardboot into the previously installed recovery got stuck in a boot loop with that one once already. I'll do some hunting, but thought I would ask.

Thx

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles7 View Post
OH, I've been able to get into recovery via hardboot. . . just haven't been able to get out of recovery lol

Will wait till after the weekend and try a hardboot with madmack's twrp they all work fine going into recovery via freegee.

Thanks for everything!
Couldn't help myself. . . had to test the cold start into recovery. IT WORK! Got in, powered off, powered back on and restarted no problem that little sequence in CWM would have ended in a recovery loop.

OH, that would have saved me a lot of time and effort. Will have to dig up some other threads where people were having this issue.

THANKS!!!

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
Ah. I've had no trouble exiting from Madmack's TWRP. I have had weird bootloops from others, at times, and sometimes the touch screen wouldn't work correctly on freegee's TWRP. No troubles at all via the hacked TWRP. :3

Sent from my AICP 4.4 LG-E980
I have a question for you about TWRP. It's having no problem with rebooting no matter how I enter, which is great.

However, I restored my device from a previous backup, after I wiped everything, however the internal sd did not have the folders from when I backed everything up. It only had a few of them. However it seems the apps had the information. Example: Boat Browser's folder wasn't there after reboot, but once I started boat browser and looked into the bookmark setting the folder appeared in the internal sdcard..

is this normal behavior?