Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Surface Pro MacOSx/Android x86 wifi dongles.

Tip us?

buzz86us
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Surface Pro MacOSx/Android x86 wifi dongles.

I was looking at getting one of these and booting into android x86 for basic tasks and possibly Mac OSx and I heard everything works except for the wifi and any other connectivity. Does anyone know some good USB wifi dongles for this and possibly Mac OSx

lopezk38
Old
(Last edited by lopezk38; 10th February 2014 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us View Post
I was looking at getting one of these and booting into android x86 for basic tasks and possibly Mac OSx and I heard everything works except for the wifi and any other connectivity. Does anyone know some good USB wifi dongles for this and possibly Mac OSx
Somewhere on the internet there is a build of android x86 for the surface that fixes the wifi problem, but I haven't tried it

EDIT: It's android-IA and it's actually a build for the Surface Pro 1, but I think it should run on the Pro 2. WiFi is supposed to be unstable however
PHONES: iPhone 3GS (Retired, Jailbroken, iDroid, overclocked to 800MHz) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Shattered, CM10, Faux kernel @ 1.45 ghz overclocked) -> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Primary Phone, L Preview)

TABLETS: Sony Tablet S (Retired, rooted 4.0.3), Surface Pro 2 128GB (Current, W8.1)

MemoryController
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us View Post
Visit osx86 or other hackintosh site. Basically new atheros chipsets should be OK.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk