Surface Pro MacOSx/Android x86 wifi dongles.

OP buzz86us

9th February 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

128 posts
I was looking at getting one of these and booting into android x86 for basic tasks and possibly Mac OSx and I heard everything works except for the wifi and any other connectivity. Does anyone know some good USB wifi dongles for this and possibly Mac OSx
10th February 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 82

288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us

I was looking at getting one of these and booting into android x86 for basic tasks and possibly Mac OSx and I heard everything works except for the wifi and any other connectivity. Does anyone know some good USB wifi dongles for this and possibly Mac OSx

Somewhere on the internet there is a build of android x86 for the surface that fixes the wifi problem, but I haven't tried it

EDIT: It's android-IA and it's actually a build for the Surface Pro 1, but I think it should run on the Pro 2. WiFi is supposed to be unstable however
Last edited by lopezk38; 10th February 2014 at 01:29 AM.
11th February 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 198

997 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us

Visit osx86 or other hackintosh site. Basically new atheros chipsets should be OK.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread