5,598,779 Members 34,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Second thoughts after flashing CM11 on Note3

Tip us?
 
trollfluga
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Question [Q] Second thoughts after flashing CM11 on Note3

Figure this...

I rooted my Note3 and happily installed CyanogenMod11 nightly (KK4.4.2). All fine and very happy, but I miss the S Pen features and apps.

How would it be possible to get S Pen features back, but remain on CM11?
 
radicalisto
Old
#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1206
Posts: 3,020
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollfluga View Post
Figure this...

I rooted my Note3 and happily installed CyanogenMod11 nightly (KK4.4.2). All fine and very happy, but I miss the S Pen features and apps.

How would it be possible to get S Pen features back, but remain on CM11?
You cannot get all the features back however you can try

GMD SPen control, as it has some SPen functions, used it myself without issue.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#3  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
for pie control and more i use LMT.
great app ! would be cool if you could trigger the pie with the s pen button.
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience
 
trollfluga
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
You cannot get all the features back however you can try

GMD SPen control, as it has some S-Pen functions, used it myself without issue.
Hmmm... GMD looks promising. Thanks alot. But... does your answer also mean I can forget about re-flashing S-Pen API separately somehow, and re-flashing the original S-Pen apps? Is that a totally stupid idea?

I know some of you readers will think "well, why did you root and flash another rom from the begining, if you liked it before?". Well it was originally full of bloat - we all know that - and the only thing worthy was the S-Pen features and the pen itself.

Anyone tried?

Thanks again.
 
radicalisto
Old
#5  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1206
Posts: 3,020
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollfluga View Post
Hmmm... GMD looks promising. Thanks alot. But... does your answer also mean I can forget about re-flashing S-Pen API separately somehow, and re-flashing the original S-Pen apps? Is that a totally stupid idea?

I know some of you readers will think "well, why did you root and flash another rom from the begining, if you liked it before?". Well it was originally full of bloat - we all know that - and the only thing worthy was the S-Pen features and the pen itself.

Anyone tried?

Thanks again.
Yeah you can't flash SPen stuff due to it being dependent on the TouchWiz framework.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trollfluga
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.Droid View Post
for pie control and more i use LMT.
great app ! would be cool if you could trigger the pie with the s pen button.
LMT?
 
A.N.Droid
Old
#7  
A.N.Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollfluga View Post
LMT?
right...LMT !
i use it for pie only, but it features gestures control and invisible swipe areas too.
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience
The Following User Says Thank You to A.N.Droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
davitox87
Old
(Last edited by davitox87; 15th January 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 150
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wiesbaden
Haven't followed this because I don't use the spend, but check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611415

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM: temasek's CM 11 Rom - Build - V41
Kernel: temasek's CM 11 Kernel- Build - v1.01
Knox:0x1

Previous Devices
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Note
HTC Evo 3D (CDMA)
 
sexystephy
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
what s-pen features do you miss the most? i find that i barely use mine at all
 
HazMatic
Old
#10  
HazMatic's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexystephy View Post
what s-pen features do you miss the most? i find that i barely use mine at all
I like the menu pop up when you click the pen, to take screen shots and take a quick note. Honestly I rely on them daily since I use my phone for work also, I probably wont flash due to this.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes