Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which partition do I need to flash my custom recovery to ?

OP chuck_0

11th February 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My nexus 7 2012 stock is slow as hell. I've unloecked the bootloader to root it and put custom kernel and rom but I get a red exlamation mark when I want to load into recovery mode. I've read that I can sideload a custom recovery over the android toolkit but I encounter a problem.

On which partition should I load my custom recovery with android toolkit. I am stuck at th screen where I need to chose one of the partition. It says 1. Boot 2. Bootloader 3. cache 4. radio 5. recovery 6 system 7 userdate (I don't want to click anything that could brick my device). Which partition should I load my img to ? Can anyone help me with this, that'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks !
Last edited by chuck_0; 11th February 2014 at 07:32 PM.
11th February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 257

805 posts
More
I can't recommend enough to you to read some (or a lot) guides before doing anything to your device. Start with this one here and look around on the internet, there are plenty of well-written guide out there. It's better to read for a few hours than bricking your precious device.

tl;dr: to the recovery partition
12th February 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Polish shi*hole
Thanks Meter: 9

69 posts
More
Try "wugs root toolkit" this is windows app that can do everything what you need to start with customizing, flasing roms, kernels and so on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread