Ask a question

No registration required

Bad ESN Verizon One hd in Canada?

OP mikeinaus

26th January 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

43 posts
LOL I'm an idiot, was thinking HTC ONE when I said one hd...

Found a really good deal ($170) on a bnib razr hd from verizon with a bad esn on ebay. Didnt really have the time to fully research it before the auction ended so I just took the chance and placed the order.

Did some searching after the fact and have found some really conflicting information. I know the phone would be pretty much useless in the states, but I'm unsure of its usability in Canada? I've herd they would work fine in asia and india so I'm basically curious if anyone knows the extent of how far verizon shares its blocked phone information? Does it extend to Canada?

I've herd on the states you need to have your phone activated onto a network? In Canada we just throw in our sim card and are good to go. Is this a different technology (CDMA vs GSM?). If so assuming the Activation portion of the phone is blocked could the sim card part of it still be open theoretically?

Assuming its possible to work with the bad esn does anyone know if I could use LTE on Bell/virgin?

According to bell it uses LTE AWS 1700mhz and LTE 700mhz and HSPA 850mhz and 1900mhz
According to gsm arena the xt926 uses:
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 13

Should be fully compatible no? I cant find any information on what class bell uses for their LTE, nor do I know if the class affects anything?
Last edited by mikeinaus; 26th January 2014 at 09:21 PM.
30th January 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #2  
Atlantic city

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinaus

LOL I'm an idiot, was thinking HTC ONE when I said one hd...

Found a really good deal ($170) on a bnib razr hd from verizon with a bad esn on ebay. Didnt really have the time to fully research it before the auction ended so I just took the chance and placed the order.

Did some searching after the fact and have found some really conflicting information. I know the phone would be pretty much useless in the states, but I'm unsure of its usability in Canada? I've herd they would work fine in asia and india so I'm basically curious if anyone knows the extent of how far verizon shares its blocked phone information? Does it extend to Canada?

I've herd on the states you need to have your phone activated onto a network? In Canada we just throw in our sim card and are good to go. Is this a different technology (CDMA vs GSM?). If so assuming the Activation portion of the phone is blocked could the sim card part of it still be open theoretically?

Assuming its possible to work with the bad esn does anyone know if I could use LTE on Bell/virgin?

According to bell it uses LTE AWS 1700mhz and LTE 700mhz and HSPA 850mhz and 1900mhz
According to gsm arena the xt926 uses:
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 13

Should be fully compatible no? I cant find any information on what class bell uses for their LTE, nor do I know if the class affects anything?

You can unlock it for gsm carriers in the us and its already unlocked for international use. I know with att u get h+ witch is good enough for me on straight talk. I average about 6mps.
12th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

43 posts
Got the phone on the weekend. It works fine on bell/ virgin except I can't connect to lte. Does anyone know of it's possible to unlock lte? According to gsm area the phone should be compatible with lte 700mhz which is what bell uses... Will that radio com thing you guys use to unlock it for us carriers help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread