[Discussion] Are custom Roms still worthwhile compared to Xposed

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
With the advent of Xposed Framework, is it still worth it to ROM? Do you still ROM or have you started using Xpposed instead?

sent from a KitKat Bar running CM11 powered by AK
4th February 2014, 08:02 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 1,940
Gravity box still doesnt works properly wid heavily modified stock rom from.sammy n htc..
Wanam xposed is not meant for 4.1 ....and lots of samsung devices are stuck at 4.1
So we have no option bt to use custom rom..

I use cm10.2 wid gravity box... Per app fonts... And app settings..
4th February 2014, 09:27 AM |#3  
Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 4,294
You probably won't notice a few xposed modules running, but if you use xposed modules to customize everything on your ROM then you will probably notice the difference. As doctor_droid already mentioned, Gravity Box can cause performance issues and this may be due to the large number of hooks used by Gravity Box.
4th February 2014, 03:13 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 291
Donate to Me
Xposed made my phone very laggy, although it has many interesting features.

Sent from d605
4th February 2014, 04:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9
Thumbs up custom roms are good
i think custom roms are really cool and add some really snazzy features. but i do not like to put custom roms on my phone as most of them network connectivity and other issues at first. they are fixed over time ofcourse, but i feel the phone is getting taxed for some reason.

i think however with the advent of xposed framework the need for custom roms would be reduced and would be limited to phones which experiencing lags while xposed.

personally i just root my phone, remove the bloatware and install a custom launcher and be done with it.

those were my 2 rupees.

8th February 2014, 01:30 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4
Custom roms are good but not really a must have. It offers a variety of tweaks and stuffs but as mentioned, the build will stabilized over time. But for some phones, its a pain not to have enough available custom apps/roms to play with. Now, i just root the phone, remove bloatwares, insatall xposed framework and just get the modules that works for my stock rom.

Sent from my [Root] O+ 8.15, Stock Rom using Tapa Talk
Last edited by stipipoy; 8th February 2014 at 01:32 AM.
11th February 2014, 05:26 AM |#7  
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 9
vocutc healthier
I think exposed lets me do everything to my favorite rom and more when using it with gravity box. There are also sometimes the developer likes something that I don't and i'm stuck with it bu not anymore.
12th February 2014, 01:25 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17
Well I hate TouchWiz so custom Roms are a must, so AOSP ROM plus xposed works well
So yes I still think they are a must but not for everyone.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread