Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm re-buying the note, seeking feedback if previous problems are solved

Tip us?

Jasonchewy91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default I'm re-buying the note, seeking feedback if previous problems are solved

Hi all,

I've previously purchased the note a few months back, seeking to upgrade from the 1st gen. However, i found the following bugs:

1) stuttering YouTube playback in the YouTube app
2) major lag using ezpdf, when drawing
3) unable to launch mini apps directly but have to open through spen drawing stupid box (i understand this can be solved now through pen window launcher)
4) polaris office 5 does not allow freehand annotatoon of word.doc or ppt, only docx or pptx (can't remember if it's the other way round)
5) using lecture notes app I'm unable to toggle eraser mode using spen button (anybody know if gmd spen control can overcome this by disabling default pen button function?)
6) unable to root it in view of tripping knox and warranty gone (i guess this can't ever be overcome and if anything happens I'll just have to sell it second hand)

These problems were enough for me to sell it away, especially problems one two and four, as I'm a student.
I seek your kind assistance in helping me to check if the problems are solved, as I've received a good offer and contemplating to buy it again.
Thanks in advance for your time

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonchewy91 View Post
Hi all,

I've previously purchased the note a few months back, seeking to upgrade from the 1st gen. However, i found the following bugs:

3) unable to launch mini apps directly but have to open through spen drawing stupid box (i understand this can be solved now through pen window launcher)
4) polaris office 5 does not allow freehand annotatoon of word.doc or ppt, only docx or pptx (can't remember if it's the other way round)
5) using lecture notes app I'm unable to toggle eraser mode using spen button (anybody know if gmd spen control can overcome this by disabling default pen button function?)
6) unable to root it in view of tripping knox and warranty gone (i guess this can't ever be overcome and if anything happens I'll just have to sell it second hand)

These problems were enough for me to sell it away, especially problems one two and four, as I'm a student.
I seek your kind assistance in helping me to check if the problems are solved, as I've received a good offer and contemplating to buy it again.
Unless your previous tablet had a defect, what do you think has changed between your first purchase and now? You're better off waiting to see what happens after the 4.4/M-UX update. I'm using an official 4.4 update on my N3 and the performance difference from 4.3 is pretty amazing. Leaks for the N10.1-14's 4.4 update have popped up and M-UX is on some Samsung's sites so it's probably pretty close.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stocklone
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I toggle between eraser and a highlighter depending on if it is one or two clicks of the button with lecture notes. Now if you are talking about holding down the pen button to erase, I can't do that.

Jasonchewy91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Well there might be upgrades or changes to the apps which improved the compatibility with the tablet. And perhaps the problems i faced were unique to my set. Just trying to find out if i should purchase it again and seeking some advice and opinion!

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4144
Quote:
Well there might be upgrades or changes to the apps which improved the compatibility with the tablet. And perhaps the problems i faced were unique to my set. Just trying to find out if i should purchase it again and seeking some advice and opinion!
I mean this only as humor. From Albert Einstein - "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

FSkyman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Smile Root

Quote:
Hi all,

Hi
I rooted the Tab and installed HAL 9000 plus SPEN window manager everything works fine.
The only problem you may solve with another app will be the Polaris annotation issue. Anything else are no prob with this (my configuration).
The Knox counter is obviously set to 01, but this is not a warranty item. Knox is just a security container for people who are using there tab inside a company which also have to pay samsung to have it all working in a safe enviroment.
With wanaman xposed the rest can be set to official which let you use OF A updates if you want to lose your root.

I hoped the helped you.
Using Tapatalk

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Hi all,

Sorry but these are not bugs

Ezpdf is a very laggy app, nothing to do with tablet, there's a few much smoother readers

You can root and get quicker ways to open mini apps, it's not a bug it's just the way they designed it

If polarised 5 doesn't have a feature... that's not a fault, there's plenty of office apps that have better and more features

Knox is just Samsung's warranty system, there's always risk to rooting, can't blame samsung for that

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Sounds like u are perfect for a IPad......if u are scared to Root stay away from Android..This tablet is awesome ......

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Serinety
Old
Thanks Meter 329

DONATE TO ME
YouTube is laggy? Lol. Ok.... anyway, I'm also a student, and this tablet is an indispensable tool for me. I use mantano reader for pdfs and books. Papyrus for note taking. Kingsoft office, polaris office , quickoffice...The list goes on.

Samsung has stated that Knox affects knox. If your tablet has a hardware problem, they will warranty it. I put that to the test by getting an rma for light bleed and a loose speaker grill. I sent it into Samsung rooted knox tripped and running cleanrom. They sent back a brand new tablet in retail packaging.

And really? Lagging in youtube? Are you sure your connected to the internet?.....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Serinety For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]