[Q] new droid max. need root advice

Tip us?

rboutin2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEditionE6 View Post
so so far if I have not gain write protection bypass at 4.2.2 and updated to 4.4, there is no way to root my device yet right?
I have just freshly rooted mine, and from what I have learned, no. You cannot. You have to bypass the write protection BEFORE updating to 4.4. You root 4.2.2, (12.15.15) bypass the write protection, then reflash 4.2.2 (12.15.15) the write protection stays bypassed, then you run some commands, update ota to kitkat, then run some adb shell commands, and you're rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to rboutin2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rboutin2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
One last question: I am getting evrything reinstalled on my new Droid Maxx. I like a clean storage, so can i delete the following off the storage without affecting my root?:

.adobepassdb2
.adobepassdb_2-journal
classes.dex
install.sh
install-recovery.sh
SlapMyMoto.jar
su