[Q] Fullscreen widget?

Search This thread

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Rather than have to use multi picture live wallpaper (I hate that bloated app), I'd like to just use zooper to show backgrounds, but is there any way to have them fill the whole thing?

This is using Nova Launcher.

WOfxTms.png

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Would really not rather have to install the whole themer suite to be able to do this, there must be a simpler way?

It puzzles me that launchers don't let you set different wallpapers per page as standard, what's up with that??

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Rather than have to use multi picture live wallpaper (I hate that bloated app), I'd like to just use zooper to show backgrounds, but is there any way to have them fill the whole thing?

This is using Nova Launcher.

WOfxTms.png

If you have gaps between your Zooper widget and the edges of the screen, change your homescreen grid. Most times even numbered grid like 8X6 seem to work best.
Your main problem for the "whole screen" approach will be the navbar. There is no way to get a widget "behind" it, so your only option would be to hide it via Immersive Mode. This would require root though.

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I'm working on a fix, but I have another question/gripe: Is there any way to stop zooper from caching the selected image, and keep using the one I selected from the location it is in? It would help a lot with changing an image, copying it over to the phone, then changing the widget to choose the new image rather than the cached one. Very annoying.

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Ugh. Feeling frustrated here.

I'm trying to make my backgrounds the full resolution of the phone, 1920x180.

I can't get it to look right like this: (the green background will be changed to grey, it's there to help me adjust it.)

DCtCKzY.png

But I'm having to make the files like this:

jrdUaSG.png
(In order to get the above image)

What's going on? Why can't I just use a full resolution image?

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Ugh. Feeling frustrated here.

I'm trying to make my backgrounds the full resolution of the phone, 1920x180.

I can't get it to look right like this: (the green background will be changed to grey, it's there to help me adjust it.)

DCtCKzY.png

But I'm having to make the files like this:

jrdUaSG.png
(In order to get the above image)

What's going on? Why can't I just use a full resolution image?

The resolution you quote is for the full screen of the device but this includes the navbar too. What Android and thus Zooper get as the rendering screeen is your device resolution - navbar (- statusbar if you don't hide it in Nova for instance). So if you have aimage that's the full (device) resolution it won't fill the width of the device because of the different ratios between device resolution and actual rendering resolution.

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Sigh. The solution - so simple. /facepalm

I just set the image as a background across all pages. It's the same on each one, so there was really no need to do all this.

Now if only I could somehow set it without quickpic/novalauncher trying to crop it, when it's the perfect size.

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
The fruits of my 3-hour long labour, when the solution was so simple...

MPwN80J.png

Still, I'm wondering if there is any way to stop zooper from caching images and just use the ones in the same location as they are selected.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010

MPwN80J.png

Still, I'm wondering if there is any way to stop zooper from caching images and just use the ones in the same location as they are selected.

Looking good! Worth the effort I'd say :)

And to answer your question: no, there isn't. Zooper always caches images (probably for performance reasons).

Reactions: paradoxiumwind

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a

And to answer your question: no, there isn't. Zooper always caches images (probably for performance reasons).

Thanks. Another quick question - when I open the zooper widget and select an element to modify, is there no way to go back to the main zooper window to select another widget without exiting and going back in to the app drawer and launching it again? Another annoyance.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks. Another quick question - when I open the zooper widget and select an element to modify, is there no way to go back to the main zooper window to select another widget without exiting and going back in to the app drawer and launching it again? Another annoyance.

Also no on that one. I prefer to keep the OnTap for widgets intact as long as possible so I can enter the edit mode just by tapping them for this reason and only change it at the last possible moment.

Reactions: paradoxiumwind

ma11en

Jun 6, 2012
Nottingham
Hi,

Use a progress bar with settings such as 300 length, 3 high, 360 curve.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Screenshots of settings

tusydy7u.jpg

pa2u3yje.jpg

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MPwN80J.png

Also no on that one. I prefer to keep the OnTap for widgets intact as long as possible so I can enter the edit mode just by tapping them for this reason and only change it at the last possible moment.