5,603,981 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 Dock

Tip us?

Stephen.Clement
Old
(Last edited by Stephen.Clement; 29th December 2013 at 06:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Nexus 10 Dock

Hi everyone,

A while ago I developed a nexus 10 dock to be produced on shapeways ( http://www.shapeways.com/model/10850...dock-beta.html ), unfortunately it was fairly expensive to produce/prototype and I never got around to finalising a design that wasn't so expensive.

A little while ago I purchased a 3d printer and have since modified the design to be suitable to print in PLA (rather than shapeway's expensive/solid laser sintered nylon). It basically combines with the MagNector cable (that seems to be pretty popular) to form a charging station for the nexus 10. I'm currently selling it via eBay if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331095304620

Also, there is a mini version available now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331095303688

And in case that listing expires, I will most likely re-list it on the following account:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ringerinc

I'm shipping from Australia, but can ship internationally.

Anyway, I thought this might be a thing people here would be interested in, let me know if you have any questions/feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1895
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	2466797   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1855
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	2466798   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1615
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	2466799  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen.Clement For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Yerkes1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cases & Docks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.Clement View Post
Hi everyone,

A while ago I developed a nexus 10 dock to be produced on shapeways, unfortunately it was fairly expensive to produce/prototype and I never got around to finalising a design that wasn't so expensive.

A little while ago I purchased a 3d printer and have since modified the design to be suitable to print in PLA (rather than shapeway's expensive/solid laser sintered nylon). It basically combines with the MagNector cable (that seems to be pretty popular) to form a charging station for the nexus 10. I'm currently selling it via eBay if anyone is interested:

(Unfortunately, since I'm a new member I can't post links here...but if you google "nexus 10 dock shapeways" the original dock should be the first link and in the description there I have a link to the newer version on eBay)

Currently I'm just shipping to Australia (where I'm located) but if there's enough interest I'm happy to organise shipping internationally.

Anyway, I thought this might be a thing people here would be interested in, let me know if you have any questions/feedback.
Does Google nexus comes with Docks and cases?? orelse I have to wait for Zerolemon to release the DOCK and Cases. Their Rugged Case is my favorite

Stephen.Clement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerkes1 View Post
Does Google nexus comes with Docks and cases?? orelse I have to wait for Zerolemon to release the DOCK and Cases. Their Rugged Case is my favorite
No, it doesn't come with a dock. But thank you for the promo spam...

dpjohnston
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just got one of these. It only took 5 days to arrive in UK and cost approx 23 sterling (10 + 13 postage). It fits perfectly with my existing pogo cable and is a more than adequate stand in the absence of an official one (which is obviously not going to happen) which would have probably cost 40+. I would definitely recommend.

FitzysHOX
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Hi mate, I am looking to buy one of these from you from eBay. Do you have any more pictures of the various colours ? Particularly the Silver/Grey & the Blue (glow in the dark).

Cheers, I'm in Adelaide.

Stephen.Clement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjohnston View Post
Just got one of these. It only took 5 days to arrive in UK and cost approx 23 sterling (10 + 13 postage). It fits perfectly with my existing pogo cable and is a more than adequate stand in the absence of an official one (which is obviously not going to happen) which would have probably cost 40+. I would definitely recommend.
Glad you like the dock and that everything worked well with postage. Let me know if you have any more feedback after a bit of usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzysHOX View Post
Hi mate, I am looking to buy one of these from you from eBay. Do you have any more pictures of the various colours ? Particularly the Silver/Grey & the Blue (glow in the dark).

Cheers, I'm in Adelaide.
Hi, good to hear you're interested. Unfortunately I don't have any shots of anything printed with the silver/grey as I haven't had a chance to use it much yet (I purchased it and it was labelled as silver, but on the spool it looks to me more grey than silver). I've attached an image of the spool though to give you a rough idea.

As far as the glow in the dark blue, I have a shot from a stop motion I was making of the production process (which unfortunately didn't work) so that should give you a good indication of the colour/glow colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G0022444.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	2497052   Click image for larger version

Name:	G0022445.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	2497053   Click image for larger version

Name:	PLA175Silver1B.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	2497086  
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen.Clement For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PaisanNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.Clement View Post
Glad you like the dock and that everything worked well with postage. Let me know if you have any more feedback after a bit of usage.

Hi, good to hear you're interested. Unfortunately I don't have any shots of anything printed with the silver/grey as I haven't had a chance to use it much yet (I purchased it and it was labelled as silver, but on the spool it looks to me more grey than silver). I've attached an image of the spool though to give you a rough idea.

As far as the glow in the dark blue, I have a shot from a stop motion I was making of the production process (which unfortunately didn't work) so that should give you a good indication of the colour/glow colour.
Are you going to list this again? I would buy one.

Stephen.Clement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisanNYC View Post
Are you going to list this again? I would buy one.
Hi, unfortunately I'm working on some other projects that are using the printer right now, I will most likely re-list the dock, but probably not until march some time. I'm looking at making a few amendments to it also.