microSD card damaged?!

OP mouse100

12th February 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 40

393 posts
More
I've about 20gb of holidays photos and since I want to put them in my Android without reduce internal storage phone I bought from amazon 2 microsd XC-I 32GB (I've 2 galaxy note).

Every photo is about 1MB, so I first of all formatted sd with android in settings and then I connected the phone to pc and I tried to pass all photos. When transfer is finished I can see photos in gallery but when I reboot my phone a message appears "Your sdcard is damaged" and I can't do anything, only format another time my sd.

It's very annoying! I tried with both sd card, I tried to reduce photos size with irfanview or put photos directly in the card (with a computer card reader). Nothing worked.

So what could be the problem? How can I solve this issue?
I don't understand why a Samsung sdcard doesn't work with a Samsung phone. And it's not an old sd but latest samsung sd card.

Here is the card:

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 210

641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

I've about 20gb of holidays photos and since I want to put them in my Android without reduce internal storage phone I bought from amazon 2 microsd XC-I 32GB (I've 2 galaxy note).

Every photo is about 1MB, so I first of all formatted sd with android in settings and then I connected the phone to pc and I tried to pass all photos. When transfer is finished I can see photos in gallery but when I reboot my phone a message appears "Your sdcard is damaged" and I can't do anything, only format another time my sd.

It's very annoying! I tried with both sd card, I tried to reduce photos size with irfanview or put photos directly in the card (with a computer card reader). Nothing worked.

So what could be the problem? How can I solve this issue?
I don't understand why a Samsung sdcard doesn't work with a Samsung phone. And it's not an old sd but latest samsung sd card.

Here is the card:

You what.
12th February 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 40

393 posts
More
Android settings -> storage -> format sd

12th February 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #4  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 210

641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

Android settings -> storage -> format sd

OH crap my bad. I totally read your question wrong. Forgive me for that ><
Try putting it in your computer, formatting it as FAT32 (I believe that's the one), then transferring all of the photos directly onto the card, not passing through the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread