Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

microSD card damaged?!

Tip us?

mouse100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default microSD card damaged?!

I've about 20gb of holidays photos and since I want to put them in my Android without reduce internal storage phone I bought from amazon 2 microsd XC-I 32GB (I've 2 galaxy note).

Every photo is about 1MB, so I first of all formatted sd with android in settings and then I connected the phone to pc and I tried to pass all photos. When transfer is finished I can see photos in gallery but when I reboot my phone a message appears "Your sdcard is damaged" and I can't do anything, only format another time my sd.

It's very annoying! I tried with both sd card, I tried to reduce photos size with irfanview or put photos directly in the card (with a computer card reader). Nothing worked.

So what could be the problem? How can I solve this issue?
I don't understand why a Samsung sdcard doesn't work with a Samsung phone. And it's not an old sd but latest samsung sd card.

Here is the card:

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post
I've about 20gb of holidays photos and since I want to put them in my Android without reduce internal storage phone I bought from amazon 2 microsd XC-I 32GB (I've 2 galaxy note).

Every photo is about 1MB, so I first of all formatted sd with android in settings and then I connected the phone to pc and I tried to pass all photos. When transfer is finished I can see photos in gallery but when I reboot my phone a message appears "Your sdcard is damaged" and I can't do anything, only format another time my sd.

It's very annoying! I tried with both sd card, I tried to reduce photos size with irfanview or put photos directly in the card (with a computer card reader). Nothing worked.

So what could be the problem? How can I solve this issue?
I don't understand why a Samsung sdcard doesn't work with a Samsung phone. And it's not an old sd but latest samsung sd card.

Here is the card:

You what.
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.0.4 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ Paranoid Android Beta 4.5 Alpha2 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.13+ ♦ TWRP ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.0 ♦ LeanKernel 3.4 ♦ NB7 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ CWM ♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!

mouse100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Android settings -> storage -> format sd

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post
Android settings -> storage -> format sd

OH crap my bad. I totally read your question wrong. Forgive me for that ><
Try putting it in your computer, formatting it as FAT32 (I believe that's the one), then transferring all of the photos directly onto the card, not passing through the phone.
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.0.4 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ Paranoid Android Beta 4.5 Alpha2 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.13+ ♦ TWRP ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.0 ♦ LeanKernel 3.4 ♦ NB7 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ CWM ♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!