Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE help with S-OFF!!!

Tip us?

jbeavis19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
S-off worked very well, thanks. Now if I could just undo the damage from trying a custom ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

onthehole
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.

jbeavis19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

Vref
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehole View Post
Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeavis19 View Post
No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

I believe after you gain S-off you have to install a custom recovery. Then you'll have to flash a ROM with SU in it.