Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] PLEASE help with S-OFF!!!

OP alonkushu

11th February 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
S-off worked very well, thanks. Now if I could just undo the damage from trying a custom ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 65

226 posts
Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.
12th February 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

12th February 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 15

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehole

Silly question. Once I use firewater and achieve S-OFF, what next? just install SuperSU from the play store to have root access? Also, do you lose data with Firewater? On 2.10.605.1.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeavis19

No data loss, but you have to flash cwm or tarp and install superuser from there. At least I think, I'm kinda new at this too.

I believe after you gain S-off you have to install a custom recovery. Then you'll have to flash a ROM with SU in it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread