Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 52,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Insurance

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Insurance

I'm reading through the forums and seeing a lot of posts asking that if they can return their device after tripping the KNOX flag. Why wouldn't you just claim it was lost or stolen and not have to worry about that? I've never had to file a claim so I'm wondering if this is possible.

Sardonik
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Aside from the main issue that you'd be committing fraud, I believe there's also a substantial deductible for replacement due to loss/theft/damage vs simple malfunction.

Prod1702
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
The claim is $175 if you have JUMP. So far I yet to see someone say that T-Mo or Samsung care if Knox is tripped.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Tablet: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 503
I doubt a lot of carrier technicians know what KNOX is. Even Samsung tech support isn't very knowledgeable after being "escalated to the highest support level". KNOX should be the least of your concerns lol

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!
If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
Why wouldn't you just claim it was lost or stolen and not have to worry about that? I've never had to file a claim so I'm wondering if this is possible.
This is insurance fraud. It's illegal and is the reason for rate increases.
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rwilco12
Old
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11,462

DONATE TO ME
These types of discussions do not belong on XDA. We are a development community, not a community dedicated to helping our users commit fraud.

Thread closed.

Thank you,
Rwilco12

Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more