Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bricked my note 3 n900t kitkat .PIT file issue

Tip us?

jack137
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] bricked my note 3 n900t kitkat .PIT file issue

I was going to upgrade to kitkat, and was in the process of just doing a factory wipe using teamwin. The issue is, I was a work doing this at my desk and trying to just breeze through it and deleted the OS. I have all of the files I need to throw kitkat on it, but the .PIT file. I was reading some of the forum posts and I came across one where someone was running into a similar download mode issue using Odin and was able to get his note 3 to work again after adding in the PIT file. My issue is, Ive scoured for my particular PIT file, but to no avail. can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1845
According to your post, all you did was format the system in TWRP? Do you still have TWRP installed? If so, you can just flash another rom. Otherwise, have you tried just flashing the stock tar file in Odin? I'm assuming I'm missing a big detail, as to why you went from wiping the system in recovery, to having a bigger issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jack137
Old
(Last edited by jack137; 12th February 2014 at 02:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towle View Post
According to your post, all you did was format the system in TWRP? Do you still have TWRP installed? If so, you can just flash another rom. Otherwise, have you tried just flashing the stock tar file in Odin? I'm assuming I'm missing a big detail, as to why you went from wiping the system in recovery, to having a bigger issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
That worked. I just flashed a new ROM. I was over complicating it. What happened is i was manually selecting wipe criteria and checked the box for the OS to wipe with the cache and such. When i was going through the process before it was giving me a partition error.

Thanks for the help =)