Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Att GS4 stuck in custom screen after reboot

Tip us?

gsr101
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Still think it's an issue with your recovery. Google twrp 2.5.0.2 zip xda and flash that in your current recovery. Then flash your rom and see if you still have the problem
I am already running that version.
So i went in to twrp to fix permissions then it tells me root permissions appear to be lost, fix now....

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,772
ok, that's because you are on that rom. do you remember what it was before you starting flashing roms

i only ask because someone was on mf3 and thought they rooted and installed a custom recovery, but they didn't. don't see how that is your issue as you successfully flashed a custom rom. but was curious.

you do wipe system when you wipe prior to flashing a rom?

not sure what your issue is, sorry--

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

i didn't know lack of root would keep you from booting--guess so--

back to stock may be answer

or try the reformat of internal card--old things can be on there and mess with new roms

did you try rebooting with no sdcard
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

gsr101
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
ok, that's because you are on that rom. do you remember what it was before you starting flashing roms

i only ask because someone was on mf3 and thought they rooted and installed a custom recovery, but they didn't. don't see how that is your issue as you successfully flashed a custom rom. but was curious.

you do wipe system when you wipe prior to flashing a rom?

not sure what your issue is, sorry--

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

i didn't know lack of root would keep you from booting--guess so--

back to stock may be answer

or try the reformat of internal card--old things can be on there and mess with new roms

did you try rebooting with no sdcard

I guess stock it is, should i stay on MDL or update ?

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,772
if you update from build mdl to mf3 you will have a locked down bootloader--limited rom selection, no custom recovery or kernels

if you are talking about mdl radio it will be fine to start
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer