Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dalvik to ART ?

Tip us?

theycallmerayj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Dalvik to ART ?

Tried to switch from dalvik to ART but on reboot it doesn't seem to stick. I go back into dev options and it still says dalvik. I'm on the original soak test, which shouldn't matter, but I'm curious if anyway else switch to ART and got it to stick. Thanks.

livinitwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've heard that happens if you're using xposed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

theycallmerayj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior View Post
I've heard that happens if you're using xposed

I'll have to see if that works. Any idea if I can uninstall xposed switch to ART then reinstall xposed or do I have to choose to keep one or the other?

livinitwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Should be able to. Don't mess with your modules, just install the framework in the app itself, reboot, and try it then.

tehcodeman
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Xposed doesn't work with ART (yet). The Xposed developer purposely has your runtime switch back to Dalvik upon reboot to keep you from going into a bootloop with ART.
The Following User Says Thank You to tehcodeman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theycallmerayj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehcodeman View Post
Xposed doesn't work with ART (yet). The Xposed developer purposely has your runtime switch back to Dalvik upon reboot to keep you from going into a bootloop with ART.
Okay, thanks.

GnatGoSplat
Old
(Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 24th January 2014 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 123
I have this same problem. I uninstalled Xposed, but it still switches back to Dalvik. Is there another app that can automatically switch to Dalvik, or did Xposed leave something behind?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. It does leave stuff behind, it came to me that I had to hit an INSTALL button to install the framework, so i had to reinstall Xposed and hit an Uninstall button to uninstall the framework.

.: SID :.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
After i've changed runtime to ART every start up of phone is accompanied by error message: Google Play services has stopped.
I've wiped Play data but it didn't help.
Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Droid Mini, 4.4.2, rooted

Teksu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by .: SID :. View Post
After i've changed runtime to ART every start up of phone is accompanied by error message: Google Play services has stopped.
I've wiped Play data but it didn't help.
Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Droid Mini, 4.4.2, rooted
This is a known issue with google play services. There is an update in the works, and an APK is floating around that will resolve this, although the error only occurs on boot, and does not cause any negative effects beyond the single error message.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teksu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.: SID :.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teksu View Post
This is a known issue with google play services. There is an update in the works, and an APK is floating around that will resolve this, although the error only occurs on boot, and does not cause any negative effects beyond the single error message.
I've seen already 2 or 3 updates for Google Services, but my is still the same. May be this error occurs when it can't be updated?