[Q] Dalvik to ART ?

16th January 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

85 posts
Tried to switch from dalvik to ART but on reboot it doesn't seem to stick. I go back into dev options and it still says dalvik. I'm on the original soak test, which shouldn't matter, but I'm curious if anyway else switch to ART and got it to stick. Thanks.
16th January 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

73 posts
I've heard that happens if you're using xposed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
16th January 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior

I've heard that happens if you're using xposed

I'll have to see if that works. Any idea if I can uninstall xposed switch to ART then reinstall xposed or do I have to choose to keep one or the other?
16th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #4  

73 posts
Should be able to. Don't mess with your modules, just install the framework in the app itself, reboot, and try it then.

17th January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Xposed doesn't work with ART (yet). The Xposed developer purposely has your runtime switch back to Dalvik upon reboot to keep you from going into a bootloop with ART.
The Following User Says Thank You to tehcodeman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehcodeman

Xposed doesn't work with ART (yet). The Xposed developer purposely has your runtime switch back to Dalvik upon reboot to keep you from going into a bootloop with ART.

Okay, thanks.
24th January 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,580 posts
More
I have this same problem. I uninstalled Xposed, but it still switches back to Dalvik. Is there another app that can automatically switch to Dalvik, or did Xposed leave something behind?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. It does leave stuff behind, it came to me that I had to hit an INSTALL button to install the framework, so i had to reinstall Xposed and hit an Uninstall button to uninstall the framework.
Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 24th January 2014 at 10:31 PM.
6th February 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #8  

43 posts
After i've changed runtime to ART every start up of phone is accompanied by error message: Google Play services has stopped.
I've wiped Play data but it didn't help.
Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Droid Mini, 4.4.2, rooted
6th February 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 35

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .: SID :.

After i've changed runtime to ART every start up of phone is accompanied by error message: Google Play services has stopped.
I've wiped Play data but it didn't help.
Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Droid Mini, 4.4.2, rooted

This is a known issue with google play services. There is an update in the works, and an APK is floating around that will resolve this, although the error only occurs on boot, and does not cause any negative effects beyond the single error message.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teksu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #10  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teksu

This is a known issue with google play services. There is an update in the works, and an APK is floating around that will resolve this, although the error only occurs on boot, and does not cause any negative effects beyond the single error message.

I've seen already 2 or 3 updates for Google Services, but my is still the same. May be this error occurs when it can't be updated?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread