5,594,700 Members 33,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Internet connection is unstable" issue

Tip us?

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 308
I got this notification a couple of times/week on 2.4ghz band. Since switching to 5ghz band have not ever seen it.

nbdysreal
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I, too, was getting the connection unstable after i factory reset my router on both 2.4 and 5ghz. Upon checking my router settings, i found i hadn't changed 2.4 and 5 from 20MHz bandwidth to 20/40MHz that i normally use. I haven't gotten the unstable issue since.

johnciaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If every one who have had problems reply about how many other routers or other radios around that use the 2.4 or 5 ghz band.

I have a feeling that this could be a interference issue. The wifi antenna in these phones are a bit larger then most cell phones and the wifi chip may be more prone to interference. Some people have had better look changing the bandwidth or frequency (2.5 to 5 ghz).

If you are have trouble I would suggest running wifi analyzer and make sure your router is on the most unused channel.

kvnhmmd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
2.4ghz wireless G, only access point. Seems to pop up if another computer is using all of the bandwidth

iamtwenty1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I noticed this A LOT when I had a scheduled tasker set such as, turn wifi on when near a tower, or when said wifi name was close. Then tasker would disconnect due to poor signal quality. I could be right near the router too.

I turned the task off and it will only happen once and a while now, and typically when slightly farther away, but in same house. Actiontec N router I'm using...

JSkilnyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I get the message every few days on 2.4Ghz G. I can't even use 5Ghz for longer than 10 mins without it just stop working and giving me that message. Yes you read right. It doesn't even work on 5Ghz.

papaavi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I would love an xposed module to disable this. I connect via wifi to my canon eos camera and this notification always comes up. I disabled the network switch as mentioned above but an xposed module to disable this dysfunctionality altogether would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to papaavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cheapxj
Old
Thanks Meter 27
All you have to do is disable "automatic network selection" under the wifi page's settings menu. That's it. Done.

I had to deal with this when using non - Internet connected wifi APs for MirrorOP.

it should probably also be turned off before flashing a non-touchwiz rom.

Samsung's drivers are goofy.
Past devices:
HTC 8125, 8525, T-Mobile Wing, G1, MT3G, G2, Galaxy Tab, HD2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Fascinate, LG Revolution, XT926

Current devices:
N900V.07 - stock MJE build
MB870 - CM7 Beta
TF700 - Unlocked, CM10.2
Acer C710 - Coreboot + Ubuntu 13.10

sfld
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapxj View Post
All you have to do is disable "automatic network selection" under the wifi page's settings menu. That's it. Done.

I had to deal with this when using non - Internet connected wifi APs for MirrorOP.

it should probably also be turned off before flashing a non-touchwiz rom.

Samsung's drivers are goofy.
That setting doesnt remove the error. Its something funky with the drivers for sure, but really its hit or miss depending on what band you are connecting to on the router. But ya a wanam module to do this would be amazing, im getting tired of this message
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 Verizon

KruseLudsMobile
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
I guess I am lucky, i have never run into this. My reception is always outstanding.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III; Previous owner/hacker of Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA.
- R. Kruse Ludington

Current: Galaxy Note III Black; Previously: Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA