Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Notifications Suddenly Not Working

Tip us?

PhoTonic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Notifications Suddenly Not Working

Hi

I've had my Gear for a few days now and love it. But my notifications suddenly stopped working. Now the screens comes to life and silently just showing "New Notificaitons Received". I no longer get the icons for what the notificaiton belong to with a linc of directly opening the message.

Any ideas? My Gear is stock with latest firmware

Killerheels
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoTonic View Post
Hi

I've had my Gear for a few days now and love it. But my notifications suddenly stopped working. Now the screens comes to life and silently just showing "New Notificaitons Received". I no longer get the icons for what the notificaiton belong to with a linc of directly opening the message.

Any ideas? My Gear is stock with latest firmware
Gear Manager - make sure "Notifications" tab is on (green). Tap to open and check all boxes of what you want are ticked on next page.

Also make sure that if you have any apps with notifications that the "More Notifications" tab is (green) open. tap to open and check any other apps you require notifications for. Then reboot both Gear and phone. If this doesn't work then you'll possibly need to restore Gear back to default settings and re NFC to your phone.

PhoTonic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thx for the input, but it turns out that my camera is deffective and everytime I invoke the camera, the camera-app crashes and exists. After that the notifications go away. Stranget but I then have to reboot the gear or resync it with the Gear Manager.

ps: Samsung support sucks, I bought the Gear in India on my last trip and cannot get warranty for it in Norway. wtf? Is Samsung a garage sale company or a huge world wide giant?

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=PhoTonic;50254794]Thx for the input, but it turns out that my camera is deffective and everytime I invoke the camera, the camera-app crashes and exists. After that the notifications go away. Stranget but I then have to reboot the gear or resync it with the Gear Manager. [quote]
Have you tried upgrading firmware and resetting the gear itself?

Quote:
ps: Samsung support sucks, I bought the Gear in India on my last trip and cannot get warranty for it in Norway. wtf? Is Samsung a garage sale company or a huge world wide giant?
One of their policies is that warranty is only valid in country it is purchased
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads