Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple TIP to run Non-Kexec roms on system 3 with existing JB leak 3 in system 1

Tip us?

swaggy123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Angry Simple TIP to run Non-Kexec roms on system 3 with existing JB leak 3 in system 1

Hello everyone.
I looked upon all of XDA trying to reach a solution to be able to run non-kexec roms alongside JB Leak 3 running in system 1 .
However after a lot of searching and scratching around managed figure out a way to get non-kexec roms working alongside JB leak 3

1) Backup the Kernel on JB Leak 3 on system 1 (Assuming you have JB Leak installed on system 1)

2) Flash boot.img of ICS (ICS kernel) on the JB Leak 3 . Go back switch system to system 3

3) Install Any non-kexec rom and corresponding Gapps in system 3 (ex : RAvi's PAC rom from 17th July 2013 , LS 2.9 by @Aceofzeroz)
P.S : Non-kexec ROMS have excellent battery Life

4) Reboot and click on the DROID logo at the boot and enter system 3....Voila u are booting Non-kexec roms sucessfully

Please Note : You cannot boot into JB Leak present on system 1 now..because you soft bricked it when you flashed ICS kerenl over it.....However there is no reason to panic.... If you want to boot into System 1 (JB Leak) , then Go to recovery and flash its kernel back , remember you had backed up in Step 1 to system 1. Then re-boot , you should be able to boot JB Leak.

HAppy flashing..... and enjoy the battery LIFE
My A2 turned 2 years

System 1 : Carbon Sep 6 build{Awesome}
System 3 : PAC with baseband issues
Motorola L6 -> Motorola E6e -> Motorola Atrix 2 -> Moto G (8 GB)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swaggy123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sameerm02
Old
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Default Thanks

thanks

No need to complete fxz to ics