Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone appears to be bricked

Tip us?

sahara0207
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default phone appears to be bricked

I am stuck in ODIN mode on my Note 3 and it says downloading... do not turn off target. I can boot with volume down and cancel but it just goers their again. Volume up goes to TWRP but i canít get my phone to just turn on normally. I was not attempting anything. This is how my phone turned on...If I try to reboot in TWRP it notes their is no OS installed. Please help....

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,035
You wiped phone either install rom or restore your backup in twrp.... If none of that works then find mj4 Odin it and your good. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Yea, what epix said, load a rom into your SD card and boot back into twrp and flash it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

sahara0207
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I tried reflashing with ODIN and now I no longer have TWERP... These are the two screens I can get to. I have tried multiple files on ODIN but they all fail... Not sure what to do now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2767010-2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	2574578   Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2574579  
The Following User Says Thank You to sahara0207 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

49ml
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara0207 View Post
I tried reflashing with ODIN and now I no longer have TWERP... These are the two screens I can get to. I have tried multiple files on ODIN but they all fail... Not sure what to do now.
Then try exactly what what it says, recovery mode in Kies

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

sahara0207
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ml View Post
Then try exactly what what it says, recovery mode in Kies

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Sorry I could must have accidentally deleted my next paragraph. When I use Kies it does not recognize the phone. I have tried Kies and Kies 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to sahara0207 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JonSCSL
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Do you have any recovery at all? (Stock)

The Following User Says Thank You to JonSCSL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mhutton
Old
Thanks Meter 611
Quote:
You need to re flash twrp in Odin to get your recovery back and there is a file out there that you can flash in twrp that should square you back to factory. I believe @micmars has helped with this issue before. Perhaps he remembers the thread in which he found it the first time? I will search and try to post you a link.

The Following User Says Thank You to mhutton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 12th February 2014 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutton View Post
You need to re flash twrp in Odin to get your recovery back and there is a file out there that you can flash in twrp that should square you back to factory. I believe @micmars has helped with this issue before. Perhaps he remembers the thread in which he found it the first time? I will search and try to post you a link.

Yup. Go to TWRP, navigate to wipe, flick the padlock, factory reset, reboot.

If that doesn't work, let me know ASAP. I can try other means to get you back...

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote:
That, my friend, is a horrible photo to see...please stand by.

You do not want this in Kies...

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote:
I am stuck in ODIN mode on my Note 3 and it says downloading... do not turn off target. I can boot with volume down and cancel but it just goers their again. Volume up goes to TWRP but i canít get my phone to just turn on normally. I was not attempting anything. This is how my phone turned on...If I try to reboot in TWRP it notes their is no OS installed. Please help....
Check your PM sir.

Sent you files and instructions for getting back...

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote:
The calvary has spoken (not me, just a guy whom knows)..."They need to just odin MJ4, problem solved."

"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sahara0207
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks! I will try as soon as i get to my office. My home laptop is a mcabook pro. My office desktop has ODIN on it. I really appreciate it.