Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernel Update for HTX One X

Tip us?

johnrich23
Old
(Last edited by johnrich23; 12th February 2014 at 05:01 AM.) Reason: updated question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kernel Update for HTX One X

Hi,

I have a HTC One X that is locked from Roger's before and got it unlocked to be used in Asia(Philippines) , after finding out that local HTC One X/X+ got an update to 4.2.2 and Sense 5, I researched and found out that The carriers and HTC Canada has stopped the device from getting any new updates . Then I tried going to HTCDev and found out that there are manual update files for 4.2.2

Questions:
- Is it safe for me to download and install those files to my phone? (got a little phobia when it comes to this as I have hard bricked a phone before)
- If the answer for the first question is yes. Am I using the right region since I am in the philippines?
- What happens if I get the other regions?

Thanks In Advance!

mrbtree98
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrich23 View Post
Hi,

I have a HTC One X that is locked from Roger's before and got it unlocked to be used in Asia(Philippines) , after finding out that local HTC One X/X+ got an update to 4.2.2 and Sense 5, I researched and found out that The carriers and HTC Canada has stopped the device from getting any new updates . Then I tried going to HTCDev and found out that there are manual update files for 4.2.2

Questions:
- Is it safe for me to download and install those files to my phone? (got a little phobia when it comes to this as I have hard bricked a phone before)
- If the answer for the first question is yes. Am I using the right region since I am in the philippines?
- What happens if I get the other regions?

Thanks In Advance!
wrong device thread, you're wanting to go with the one xl/at&t one x forums